New Turbo Buick Headers

looks like the final product is going to be awesome! i love the thickness on the flanges. good job.

does the mock engine have headgaskets on it? it would change everything by maby 1/8 of an inch...

ditto on the pricing..........but 4 bolt custom made

mybuick said:
does the mock engine have headgaskets on it? it would change everything by maby 1/8 of an inch...

It does not right now but we are going to put some in before final weld with the flex.

I will get back to you guys on price, we are in the middle of a few things and I still have to work out some different price packages. We are still in the building stage and when we finish I will have a better idea. I was really just looking for some feed back right now. Thanks for the interest.

Looks good here, I like the 2 1/2 crossover and the option to go 4 bolt is a plus if you can run a huge down pipe.

321 SS, coated, 4 bolt would be killer if the welds will not crack. It could change the whole class to big 4 bolt turbo's with big V Clamp DP's.

Acutally send me all the parts I can weld them together myself:) Would save on shipping costs

Wouldn't it be a good idea for a knowledgeable owner to provide this guy a TR to do his prototyping work on - so that there are as few nasty surprises as possible? I mean, I'd be happy to do it, but being in NY...

strike

Hi Joel!

Hey Brian,

Not to change the subject, but have you ever done a set of LS-1 turbo headers (twin or single)?

S10xGN said:
Hi Joel!

Hey Brian,

Not to change the subject, but have you ever done a set of LS-1 turbo headers (twin or single)?

I have not had a chance to do a set yet, the LS1 engines have not cought on in this part of the country yet. I know they are big in other parts. Depending on what they are in they could be built very similar to the regular small block chevy turbo headers that I build.

I have a question, we are looking at a couple of areas to put the flex joint.

Either above the starter in the straight section
or below the passenger header v-band.
Is there anything that is going to be in the way? The flex is only 4" long and just a little bigger than the crossover.

The starter is on the passenger side. Maybe you meant driver side below the v-band. Definately put it on the driver side. There is all kind of room there. Once the crossover nears the starter and passenger header things get pretty tight. That's why the v-band on the crossover/passenger header might be very difficult to get too since that connection is right by the frame.

hey brian
if we can get you a set of the old ATR SS headers can you make them that way. They look alot better than factor style
thanks

have you ever seen the ATR headers they look like the ticket to go with also if anyone has a set there not using right now can i borrow them to get this going thanks