new toy>help figuring out what exactly i got my self into

c n avoid87

so im back on a tb an 87 t-type beutiful car but it has so many upgrades i have no clue whats what..here what i was told presision 76 mm,presision fmic,60lbs injectors,walbro 225 pumpalcky is not conected n have to clue how to work it,3"down pipe,trans breake from jimmys?3200 stall is pink in color..idk if that means anything..big radiator,he claims thats been poerted toa 4.1ci. i dont kno that for fact..

, newest 158.jpgnewest 159.jpgnewest 160.jpgnewest 161.jpgnewest 162.jpg

I am pretty sure a 109 cannot be bored out to 4.1L. That alcohol system is an early system from Razor. A pink converter sounds like a Vigilante converter 9.5" unit ( a very nice and expensive unit). All in all, it looks like a really nice car. That turbo is big, but I have no clue about that. If it is a 76MM, it is pretty big for one of these engines, probably too big. The tag in the trunk tells me that it does not have a 8.5" Posi from the factory. If it does now, it was added.

Zack

Well the 8.5 rear came as part of the G87 option, but you're right, the G80 posi isn't listed. Doesn't mean much though, mine doesn't have the G80 code either, but I added it shortly after buying the car new. A buildup like his, somebody surely added a posi of some type.

looks like a nice pickup.... hows it run? did he provide any time slips? Was it bought from a board member?

aaron

Sounds like a good build with some quality parts if it runs well. I agree that 76mm is a little big, especially without alky or race gas, but enjoy it or sell it and get what you want. Good luck and welcome!

Car runs real damn strong 11.5 /. 1/4 mile. With out the alcky n trans breaking it to 12psi..
The car is tittled in brookfield il. I would like to find out whose the owner.
No. Car was a trade from craiglist.. This ar is stupid fast. To damn bad we got hit with all this snow..

The only GN owners I know in Brookfield are Loyd and someone that had a GNX clone that would leave it outside on Grand Blvd even in the snow. I don't think Lyod had that aggressive of a build though.

O and Carlos, let me know when I can drop by and check it out ;)

Hey sup man, any time u want to drop by man is cool.. Uso remeber me right? I tag along a ride to a gn meting last summer i think it was. A gnx in the snow? No way thats ither having money or not knowing what u got..

I am thinking if he switched out the turbo for something a little smaller, like the 6265 or 6765 he would have a lot more fun. 11.5 in the 1/4 is far below the capablities of this car. I would put it somewhere in the low 10's if the engine could handle that turbo. But being a 76MM its got to be hell to spool. Either way, hook up the alky and turn up the boost. Shes ready to run, and run hard!

Nix

Hey sup man, any time u want to drop by man is cool.. Uso remeber me right? I tag along a ride to a gn meting last summer i think it was. A gnx in the snow? No way thats ither having money or not knowing what u got..

Yeah I remember you, I'm not going to forget a fellow turbo buick owner in my own town. The "GNX" was a clone and I haven't seen it for a while. It was at the car shop on 47th and East one time and I checked it out. Shoot me a PM with your number. I lost it over the 4 phones I've had since that car show. I was actually going to give you a buzz and see if you wanted to head to the tech session at caspers on Sunday the 22nd http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/mi...-caspers-electronics-jimmys-transmission.html

For sure man ill pm u.. N i dont mean pimp you.. Haha.. They guy i got the car said tha the trans was build by jimmys. Can it be the same shop u talking about? Is there any way to find this out?

Jimmys trans is the same town as this tech session, but it's not the same place. Jimmy is supposed to be one of the people talking though. He has done most the transmissions in our cars around here.

Since that's julios old design for alky injection I would test the pump to make sure it's still up to par. Personally I'd probably buy a new kit. $600 is a lot cheaper than a rebuild. Also when I yank my turbo off in the spring I'll let you borrow it to see if you like it. It's a precision 67 GTQ.

Sounds gud man. The car dosent really need a alky kit is quick as it is but it would be cool to have it just incase..
Yea ill give it a try.. Once u look over mine so u maybe can tell me what exactly is it..

I don't use alky and I am no where near a guru...I would have a guru take a look at the car before you start hammering it too much. Does the car have any scan tools?