New to the turbo world.

spec_j

Your Local Slushbox Owner
well i have a 2000 trans am, and im friends with the guys at alycontrol. i have been a memeber for awhile but wasnt able to post till recently.....but what im wondering is whats a good turbo setup for my car?

Car: 2000 Trans Am
Engine: Stock internal LS1
Trans: Stage 3 Race w/ fuddle 4k stall

all imput is accepted, and i appreciate it.

haha

well being that your ta is white I guess we can let ya slide :tongue: Your doing a turbo so I would suggest getting alky for it, a gt42r, built bottom end, & a knock gauge!

oh yeah, i wouldnt use anything other then your handmade alky kit Wes. I mean i know Julio wouldnt mind me having his kit on an ol' V8

haha

dude on here you will get the exact opposite from over at the other board. Here they will say put a lc2 in it. Over there they will tell us to put an ls1 in it :eek:

Wes 87 Turbo T said:
dude on here you will get the exact opposite from over at the other board. Here they will say put a lc2 in it. Over there they will tell us to put an ls1 in it :eek:

ummm it has an LS1 in it.

As far as a good setup for a stock internal motor most people have gone with a T76. I would check with Jose at http://www.forcedinductions.com/ he's worked a lot with LS1s and is a great source of information. Also check out the Forced Inductions section on www.ls1tech.com there' a lot of knowledgable guys there too. Just make sure that you know what you want to do with the car (drag race, daily drive, build it up later, etc.) and they'll point you in a good direction.

oh

72firebird said:
ummm it has an LS1 in it.

As far as a good setup for a stock internal motor most people have gone with a T76. I would check with Jose at http://www.forcedinductions.com/ he's worked a lot with LS1s and is a great source of information. Also check out the Forced Inductions section on www.ls1tech.com there' a lot of knowledgable guys there too. Just make sure that you know what you want to do with the car (drag race, daily drive, build it up later, etc.) and they'll point you in a good direction.

I mean over there they will tell you to put a t56/ls1 in your buick. Here they will tell him to put a lc2 in it.

thanks for hte site, i will check it out. But i did post on LS1tech and got a bunch of stupid crap and it ended up beign a pointless thread. seemed most people were telling to do this and that bc they thought it would be badass but for hte most part no one really had anythign to say that ment anything

While this may be the turbo trans am section.. and you own a trans am.. its a totally different car. And there is no support here for what your trying to do.

We have it easy.. actually you can sell your 2000 and buy an 89 turbo trans am for the same $$$$.

Now keeping your car,
The STS deal may be the easiest... Just your car under the hood sucks for space, like you didnt know this already. The headers, turbo, wastegate, fabrication, etc are a doozy. And if you have to ask how much, you cant afford it ;)