New times

robh

I finally made it to Milan for some test and tune yesterday.

Best pass

1.78 60ft
7.56 1/8
92.78 1/8 mph
11.77 1/4
116.5 1/4 mph

WBo2 11.3-11.5, .2 KR at 21 psi

I'm still on bfg 275/60 DR and running turbo blue.

Something tells me I need to work on the low end because the difference in 1/8 to 1/4 speeds so I will try some more low end timing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I was trying to prestage, build boost, then bump to stage. But when I left off the brake. I lost preload and the tires would break. I need to work on this but all in all it's a great street car and a great day.

Try this next time.

Build only 3 psi (If you normally build 6 psi)

prestage and Stage as normal (with only 3 psi its much easier)

Once staged, make sure you have a lot of weight on the brake pedal, but the car shouldn't want to be pushing at all at this point.

As the lights come down rapidly floor the gas pedal, while still holding the brake.

Then let of the brake an instant later and it will feel like you were rear ended by a truck.

This should plant the tires and keep them planted unless the track is slick.

I've found this results in a much higher boost launch than holding the brake and trying to creep up to a given boost level. It's much easier to stage, too. It's also a great technique for protree or instant green racing.

Thanks UNGN!

I will definitely give that a try. I'm looking for a 1.6 60 ft. I can't imagine what that feels like. With only a high 1.7 60 ft my wide band flew in the back seat pulling the cords right out .

I can't wait to go back. :D

nice times man, your car is really pulling in the last 1/8 there, were you locking the TC? and how much timing? Again nice time.:cool:

thanks

Thanks guys for the replys.

I'm running the 98 oct extender chip with 23/21 deg timing.

I also have an AC nonlockup converter 3500 stall.

Next on my list is to add 2 more lbs and see if it knocks. If it doesn't I'll add 2 more deg timing 25/23.

I see the extender chip has a Low Gear WOT spark only advance in low gears. I would like to try that also.

Any suggestions?
thanks

Suggestions?

Do what UNGN suggested. Then get back to us with you 10 second time slip.
:p

Thanks 1QWIK6,
I guess what I need to do is obvious I just need to do it. More boost, more timing and practice launching. :eek:

I'm just trying to go as fast as I can on Turbo blue but c16 is looking better and better.