New Times: 9.95 @ 139

Re: I know where I WON'T be buying a trans!

Originally posted by alilol6
You're total disregard for everyone's safety, insofar as Rob's car is concerned, is enough to convince me NOT to buy anything from you. I can only imagine what sort of short cuts YOU take to make something fast...but not safe!

And Lonnie, Rob's car, as it sits, isn't even legal to run an 11 let alone safe to run a 9!

What the heck are you talking about? Its not my concern if a customers car is NHRA/IHRA legal for speeds attained. I just build the transmission. I wonder what someone would think if I said bring your car by as I need to be sure it meets the safety requirments before I build your trans. I know what they would think and so do you. My car is legal so I have no idea where you came up with my disregard for safety. What right do I have to tell anyone what they should do to their car. Why do you not post your name in your post?

"Believe it or not, it still has the factory stock 120,000 mile rear end in it. All I have done is changed it to synthetic fluid."

Yeah, that's it, synthetic fluid! That ought to help when your axle/wheel takes flight at 139 mph and hits a spectator!

I can understand if you don't care about your own safety...but what about everyone else???

So much for "fast with class". More like "fast until someone gets hurt".

I still can't believe that some of you guys running so fast...are so stupid/careless.

I'd like to see one single reply to this post by anyone considered an authority on these cars...that Rob isn't a complete idiot for not building his rearend before even attempting these sort of times in front of spectators!

Or would we rather talk about "sexy" transmission buildups???

Flame suit on!

Oh boy...where do I start? First of all, I "doubt" I'm going to lose an axle with mid 1.6 60fts on 9" slicks. I launch the car off-idle. And I SERIOUSLY doubt I'm going to lose an axle at 139mph. But who knows? I had only been to the track with that combination ONE TIME. Since then, I've installed a 6pt roll bar (yea, I know, not 9sec legal), and the rear end was next on my list to do.

But now that you feel it's your place to tell me what to do with my car, I think I'll save the rear end for last, bolt on some 11.5" slicks, hook up the trans-brake, and launch on about 15lbs of boost.

Have you been all over the TurboBuick board and attacked everyone else that runs with stock axles? Or did you just start with me? Are you idiotic enough to believe that only a 9 sec car can do that? What about all of the 11sec cars 60fting mid 1.5's?? Do they all have c-clip eliminators? Who died and made you King of All That's Fast?

How about this....stop worrying about everyone else, and trying to "parent" the world. People like you really get under my skin. I'm sure you're one of those people who drives the speed limit in the left lane just to keep everyone else from speeding. Am I right? Of course I am.

Welp, gotta run...need to go mount the trans-brake button.

"But now that you feel it's your place to tell me what to do with my car, I think I'll save the rear end for last, bolt on some 11.5" slicks, hook up the trans-brake, and launch on about 15lbs of boost. "

Atta Boy, Rob! You da man! Let me know what the lawsuit costs you when the rear breaks and someone gets hurt because of your negligence.

Guys like you are hilarious(in a sad sort of way). Spend 10 grand on an S2 engine and then hope(and I stress the word hope) that the neglected pieces of the puzzle hold up to the punishment. It's just too bad that other people may potentially have to pay the price for your stupidity/lack of concern.

[BGuys like you are hilarious(in a sad sort of way). Spend 10 grand on an S2 engine and then hope(and I stress the word hope) that the neglected pieces of the puzzle hold up to the punishment. It's just too bad that other people may potentially have to pay the price for your stupidity/lack of concern. [/B]

10grand for a S2? You don't know much about Buicks, do you? But we'll save that for another day.

Anyway, what part of my post did you not understand? I already told you that the rear end was getting done next (yes, I was being sarcastic about not doing it). Are you going to bitch and moan forever about how I made a pass or two with the stock rear end and never hurt anyone?

BTW, accidents happen at tracks everyday. Sometimes things happen to spectators too. So if you want to protect the world, why don't you protest the race tracks? Make them put tall fences up between the track and the bleachers? Or better yet, demand that all spectators wear helmets to deflect flying debris.

Get a life.

I made my point already(with yours and Lonnie's help). Too many guys come on here bragging about what times they've run with stock this and stock that. As the owner of LS1motorsport, you, of all people, should be cautioning people about pushing the stock components too far and the potential dangers involved. Too bad selling stuff is more important to you than people's safety.

BTW...where's all the gurus saying it was/is a smart thing for you to run stock axles on a car as fast as yours??????

Do you just read what you want to read?? NOBODY ever said it was a good idea to run stock axles on a 9second car! But if you had read about my 60ft times, and how I launched the car with stock axles, then maybe you could understand.

BTW, where have you seen me make one post trying to sell parts? And how do you know what I tell my customers about safety? I resent the fact that you "assume" I don't give a sh!t about safety. That's why I took a rare car and added a roll bar. I would still like to know where it's your place to police the world?

Do you drive the speed limit everday? Do you always use your turn signals? Do you always follow the car in front of you at a safe, legal following distance? What makes you any better than me Mr. Perfect?

Anyone can see from his post that he is a save the world tree hugger. This guy obviously is a dic* and has some deep rooted issues with his parents in a my mommy sort of way. I will forward a note to Jerry Springer and Montel to see if we can get this idiot some counciling.

" I resent the fact that you "assume" I don't give a sh!t about safety. That's why I took a rare car and added a roll bar. "

Yup. That'll make it alot safer for the spectators. You just don't get it, do you? It ain't about your safety! I couldn't really care less what happens to someone who blatantly flirts with disaster. It's about everyone else that goes to the track to have a good time and see some fast cars...not get killed by a wheel coming off some idiots car because he wanted to spend huge amounts of cash on his engine...and not on other parts that won't make him go any faster.

" I resent the fact that you "assume" I don't give a sh!t about safety. That's why I took a rare car and added a roll bar. "

Yup. That'll make it alot safer for the spectators. You just don't get it, do you? It ain't about your safety! I couldn't really care less what happens to someone who blatantly flirts with disaster. It's about everyone else that goes to the track to have a good time and see some fast cars...not get killed by a wheel coming off some idiots car because he wanted to spend huge amounts of cash on his engine...and not on other parts that won't make him go any faster.

HELLLLOOOO!!!!!! Is is anybody home??? You are a complete idiot! I can't believe you even take the time to attack me, you're so stupid.

Did I ever say a roll bar protected the spectators??? Did I not tell you AT LEAST THREE TIMES NOW that I will be upgrading the axles???? WHAT IS YOU F*CKING POINT????

It seems to me that your're pissed I DIDN'T hurt anyone! You're an "I told you so" person. You know EVERYTHING, don't you?

Let me give you an example of how you "could" have handled this:

You write - "Hey, nice times for the mods. But you know, I would suggest upgrading the axles and adding c-clip eliminators. They have been known to break in the past. Wouldn't want any innocent people to get hurt you know."

Then I'd say - "Thanks for the compliment. The axles were the next thing on my list to upgrade. That was one of the reasons I didn't try launching the car under boost. I just added a roll bar for my own safety, and the rear end will be in the car before the track re-opens. I appreciate your concern."

But instead, you're a smarta$$ with issues trying to run the world in the best way you see fit. And you don't even have the balls to give your name, your track times, your safety mods, etc. Hell, you probably don't even own a Turbo Buick.

My bet is, you've got a lot of home problems. And the easiest way for you to forget about them, is to point the finger at others. This thread was going fine until you came along. I would think that alone would tell you something....

Alilol6, did somebody you know die at the drags because some guy didn't upgrade his axles and they (stock axles) broke and a tire came off and killed him/her (that you know of)?? If so I'm sorry and you have my deepest condolences, but I still don't understand why you have to be such a SO&SO to Rob:confused: Like he said earlier in this thread he wasn't launching very hard (1.6 60' times on 9" slicks) and I seriously doubt the axles would let go near the mid-top of the traps (at 139mph for Rob at the top of the traps) because most I've seen that break, break on the initial launch and the car doesn't even make it past the 60' mark!
In some rare cases it may happen while the car is really at speed, but who's to say if you upgrade to stronger axles they still won't break cause I have seen my fair share of guys with upgraded axles break them as well.... If you really think this is such an issue and you are so concerned you may want to start a thread in the Turbo Lounge about safety equipment (or the lack there of) and/or how some stock parts should not be pushed to the breaking limit (like the stock axles) because this thread was never started for you to voice your concern about the stock axles and to bash Rob!!!!

LMAO! You just can't take criticism, can you Rob?

Let's face it, Rob, you put going fast ahead of other people's safety. Why else would you dump so much money into a car and then not touch the stock rearend. Why bother with upgraded LTA's and not touch the rearend? Why bother with airbags and not touch the rearend?
Because replacing the axles, etc...won't make you any faster, that's why!

The important safety stuff is always "next on the list" for guys like you. Let's just hope everyone lives to see you finish your "to do" list?

and 86br****...Rob can delete this entire thread any time he wants.

WOW ROB- you are on a roll!! Thats 2 boards now in the last week you had to go off on some jackass. :)

Where do they come from and is there a vaccine?

This guy reminds me of the one guy that was bitching and moaning about drive shaft safety loops a while back!:rolleyes: Please STFU already and start a thread in the Lounge if you want to make such an issue about something which is not really that big of an issue!!!

LMAO! You just can't take criticism, can you Rob?

Let's face it, Rob, you put going fast ahead of other people's safety. Why else would you dump so much money into a car and then not touch the stock rearend. Why bother with upgraded LTA's and not touch the rearend? Why bother with airbags and not touch the rearend?
Because replacing the axles, etc...won't make you any faster, that's why!

The important safety stuff is always "next on the list" for guys like you. Let's just hope everyone lives to see you finish your "to do" list?

First of all, it's not that I can't take criticism. You obviously don't know the meaning of the word. What you are doing is not criticism...it's d!ckheadedness. Otherwise, you would have approached me in the way I demonstrated in my last post.

You are a Moron. You haven't addressed a single question I've asked you. And you apparently haven't read any of my responses. I have given you the reason why the axles weren't upgraded yet, but I guess you can't read that well.

So I will at least answer your questions:
1.) Why did I not touch the rear end? I told you, I just haven't done it yet. But it will be done before the track opens. So then what will you start bitching at me about?

2.) Why bother with airbags and LCA's? Because I've had them on the car since it was STOCK! (For the last 4 years)

So, are you going to answer my questions now?

1.) Who put you in charge of National Track safety?
2.) What do you drive? how fast is it? and please post pics of all of your safety equipment. (anybody can SAY they have everything)

Maybe this is just a way for you to level the playing field. You can't build a fast car, so you want to point out the weaknesses of other fast cars. It's apparently the only way for you to get attention in the Stage 2 world, where you can't afford to be.

Well my 2 cents. Do you think a little concrete wall is going to stop a 300MPH Top Fuel car from hurting someone (NOT). Racetracks are a dangerous place peroid.... however to go off on someone and call them names makes no sense, that is why people have e-mail and private messages you can send them. Rob awesome numbers shoot me an e-mail with pictures as your links are dead. Most tracks will throw you out without drivshaft loop, rollbar ETC. I am sure Rob has no intention to hurt anyone, he did make remarks that the rear is on the drawing board. So lighten up :) :)

and 86br****...Rob can delete this entire thread any time he wants.

Why? Is that what you want the thread deleted? I see you still do not have the balls to add your name to your post.

Hmmm....I've been doing a little checking on alilo6. And now I'm really curious about something.

It seems that you made a couple of posts in this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=56764&referrerid=4414

However, I noticed that NEVER ONCE did you scold any of the MULTIPLE people posting in it. Why not? The guy who posted even BROKE HIS STOCK REAR END AT THE TRACK! I would think if you were SOOOoooo concerned about everyone's safety, you would have told him how lucky he was that he didn't injure spectators! So WHY DIDN'T YOU GET ON HIS CASE???? Instead, you took the time to post the cost of a Moser 12 Bolt and the Canadian exchange rate!

One guy (Red's Hot Air) even says he has 197,000 miles on his stock rear, running 10's @ 127! And nearly everyone there who posted was 60fting in the 1.5's or better! I've never seen a better group of candidates for you to jump in on and scold! HOW COULD YOU HAVE MISSED THIS?? You simply aren't doing a very good job of policing the World with direct violations like these right under your nose......tisk, tisk.

So alilo6....could it just be that you have a personal agenda with me? If not, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

Originally posted by KendallF
I also got curious enough to do a post search. Reading this thread

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=353687#post353687

it appears Mr. Anonymous Vancouverite upgraded to 30 spline axles but no c-clip eliminators...and to top it off tried to sell his stock axles to Clayton who'd just broken one at the track!

If anyone has a mind to continue this nattering, take it to the lounge.

Kendall you are no fun.

I was wondering how many Tracks have Spectators at the BIG END where the car would be doing 130+mph? The only times Ive seen wheels hitting spectators is on the Roundy Round tracks. And Rob isnt any more Guilty for running an ILLEGAL 9 sec time than the track (which was Bowling Green!) That Let him!!

Give it a rest.

Frank