New Times: 9.95 @ 139

Rob Raymer

I put some 28x9x15 MT Drags on the car, along with Metco ICM brackets and Air Bags, and went back the Beech Bend yesterday. I didn't change the tuning (still at 9.19-9.44:1), or boost (still at 25lbs) since my last run (10.33 @ 137). Only the tires and suspension mods.

Here's the slip:

60ft 1.59
330 4.22
1/8 6.42
1/8mph 112.22
1000 8.33
1/4 9.95
1/4mph 138.90

The car was still REAL loose through the 330, but gained alot of traction after that as compared to the 26x9x15 Hoosiers I was running before.

I don't know what it weighs, but I would assume pretty close to 3700lbs (I'm 205). It still has cold AC, heat, etc. Pics are here: http://www.LS1Motorsports.com/Project-87TurboBuick.asp

The only weight reduction I've done is removed the front sway bar (added an ATR rear) and spare tire. And I ran on a full tank of gas. Over the winter I'll add a cage and more suspension, and hopefully be competitive in the TSE class next year.

Thanks again to Lonnie Diers for the "sexy" buildup of my 200R4 tranny. If you're thinking about building an OD trans for your 9 second car....I highly recommend giving him a call, 513-226-1315. The shifts have been flawless.

Congrats on your 9 second pass Rob!

From the sounds of it your car has a mid to low 9 second pass in it with more tuning and if you can get those 60' times down in the 1.4x-1.3x range and it should definately be able to run 140+mph!

That is awesome considering it is still a full weight (3700lb) street car with AC, heat, etc. and it still has a 200-4R OD tranny:eek: :cool:

BTW Rob, if you don't mind me asking does the car still have an 8.5" 10-bolt rearend and if so what gears and axles are you using??

Re: Congrats on your 9 second pass Rob!

Originally posted by 86brick

BTW Rob, if you don't mind me asking does the car still have an 8.5" 10-bolt rearend and if so what gears and axles are you using??

Believe it or not, it still has the factory stock 120,000 mile rear end in it. All I have done is changed it to synthetic fluid.
Over the winter, I'll add Moser axles, c-clip eliminators, and an Eaton HD Posi unit. I think I'll stick with 3.42 gears. I like the top end pull....:)

"it still has the factory stock 120,000 mile rear end in it." Wow!

These 8.5" 10-bolt rears can really take some punishment!!! Yeah that top end pull must feel pretty damn good (going close to 140mph in the 1/4):D

Later.

Awesome job. I watched Jack Cotton today run in the low 9's today. Got him scraping the rear bumper, i am trying to figure out how to post it. :confused:

Rob that is pretty awesome.

What strikes me as really cool is how fast you were going at the 1/8 mile mark.

I hate to see what you will do when you have the car tuned just right.

Originally posted by Reggie West
Rob that is pretty awesome.

What strikes me as really cool is how fast you were going at the 1/8 mile mark.

I hate to see what you will do when you have the car tuned just right.

Thanks Reggie. I really don't know what most Stage cars run through the 1/8. Much less what the gain should be from the 1/8 to the 1/4.

Anybody else know?

My Dad is running about 102 or so at the 1/8. His 60 foot time is about the same.

Where you are at is what we are aiming for as well. We will find out in Vegas nex weekend for sure.

I thought you were in OR or WA area, not IN. Did you move?

Originally posted by Reggie West
Where you are at is what we are aiming for as well. We will find out in Vegas nex weekend for sure.

I thought you were in OR or WA area, not IN. Did you move?

VEGAS?? I'm leaving for the SEMA show in Vegas tomorrow! I must be ignorant to my surroundings...is there a Buick race in Vegas next weekend? As in 11-9-02, or 11-10-02?? If so...I'm there.

As far as where I live...I've been in Indiana pretty much all my life. Never in OR or WA.

Let me know.

Cool! I will be there! I can only go one day though. Would it be best to go Friday Night or Saturday?

Thanks,

Well, 5 hours on Friday and 8 hours on Saturday. Plus Saturday Duttweiler will be running and I'll betcha that'll be a great show.

If I had to choose just one day I'd choose Saturday.

That settles it. I'll be there Saturday. As soon as I wake up from the Friday night hangover...

If Cheetah's is anything like it was last year....I might be a little late showing up Saturday. :)

OMFG:eek: It's even a column shift car.:cool:

Hasn't Lonnie talked you into a real shifter yet? You have one of his trans-brake installs in there? His trannies do shift nice.:D

Originally posted by njturbo
I watched Jack Cotton today run in the low 9's today. Got him scraping the rear bumper, i am trying to figure out how to post it. :confused:

Wow!! Low 9's. Nice to see the car is running so well. Was the weather real cold or did he just turn the wick up?

Originally posted by Scott231
OMFG:eek: It's even a column shift car.:cool:

Hasn't Lonnie talked you into a real shifter yet? You have one of his trans-brake installs in there? His trannies do shift nice.:D

Yep, still got the column shift. Actually, Lonnie set the tranny up so that I don't need to shift it. I just stick it in "D" and let it rip. I haven't installed a trans-brake yet. It wouldn't do me any good at this point anyway. I launch on the foot brake at 3lbs of boost and it spins through the 330'.

I had him go ahead and build the trans to accept the Bruce Toll TransBrake, but I won't install it until I do suspension, cage, bigger tires, etc.

Welp...I'm heading out the door to Vegas...see you guys this weekend. I'll be the short, chubby blond guy walking around with a blond with big boobs. :)

Later

According to the Joe Lubrandt chart for et designations, :) running a 9.41 isn't quite a low 9, maybe a low-mid 9 would be more correct. As for the weather or turning up the wick, neither. I figured replacing the O2 sensor with one that worked and getting the car to hook up was the key. Plenty of boost left to go, just need to get the name of the guy that straightened OC's frame after his bumper dragging experience. The launch is a rush, gotta work on the landing next.... and fitting the taller tire in so I can get it over the line pulling instead of running out of gear 200 yards away from the finish line. That ought to get me in the "low" 9 second range, not to mention, get my MPH back up to where it was before.

Originally posted by HighPSI
Wow!! Low 9's. Nice to see the car is running so well. Was the weather real cold or did he just turn the wick up?

It was very cold, however Jack also really did have the wick up. I have a video of him on the line, sounded like a F16 was taking off a carrier. AWESOME:) :)

Originally posted by Rob Raymer
Yep, still got the column shift. Actually, Lonnie set the tranny up so that I don't need to shift it. I just stick it in "D" and let it rip.

Worked out pretty nice. Shifts every shift at 6500. I was even impressed on this one as I have never set one up to shift that high. I did have the talk with Rob about the after market shifter did not do any good. ( his grandmother may need the car to go to the grocery store and she would not know how to work the shifter)

Originally posted by Rob Raymer
Welp...I'm heading out the door to Vegas...see you guys this weekend. I'll be the short, chubby blond guy walking around with a blond with big boobs. :)Later

WOW so nice blonde with big boobs hehehehe

Hey Lonnie, can you shoot me an e-mail on a quote for a full race, w/ trans brake tranny 2004r. Just keeping my options open for when the time comes. Thaniks Rich