New time for SD TTA #117

flyc2a

went to 1/8 mile track today. heres the results

1.9 60ft 8.1@88.5 mph with only 18lbs boost on a dumped exhaust with 0 KR

mods are: te-44, blue top inj, stock fuel pump and regulator, with a thrasher 92 chip

Ps. spinning through the 60ft with the nitto's.....need a better tire ;) :D

this probably a 12.5 1/4 right? would be 12.2 with a better tire

MPH should get you 110 in the 1/4.

The nitto is a good tire. Problem always has to do with track prep, and burnout. You should be able and clip a few 1.7's with proper driving.. yeah yeah I know..

I went 1.6 many times on my Notto's, but more often 1.7-1.8 aired down to 18-19 PSI and watching my pedal. Once you blow them.. its all over.

Before you know it you'll be busting 7.50's at the track.

Originally posted by Razor
MPH should get you 110 in the 1/4.

The nitto is a good tire. Problem always has to do with track prep, and burnout. You should be able and clip a few 1.7's with proper driving..

Ditto on the Nitto's.:) I get low 1.7's with mine. On the night I turned my 7.58, I had a 1.70. Track prep was excellent that night. Track prep is the key with a drag radial.

i had no problem gettin 1.8 60's with stock turbo on the nittos
The 44 turbo just rips them up, keep in mind i have stock converter. I think i am maxing out my stock fuel pump, so i wont do anything else til i get the walbro 340 installed. I will go low 12, high 11's with ease. I love these cars! there was a guy runing 7.8 best with his mustang with $8k in the motor alone, not to mention susp, slicks, tremec tko etc. He was pissed off because i ran more mph. I know that if i had the tire or a better driver(im not that good) ...my car would of went 7.8 or better

ps. cant build more than a 1lb of boost before my car starts to kreep up on my, im using the e-brake....any suggestions? tire pressure was 18lbs and the track was fully prep'd

Seems to me, some TTA's can utilize the e-brake technique, and some can't. I have one of the cars that will not e-brake launch for some reason. I just foot brake and launch with about 5-6 psi of boost. I also have a 3200 stall.
FYI, I lower my tire pressure down to about 15 psi at the track. Sounds like your on the right track!:cool:

Originally posted by flyc2a

ps. cant build more than a 1lb of boost before my car starts to kreep up on my, im using the e-brake....any suggestions? tire pressure was 18lbs and the track was fully prep'd

Get better rear pads. and front pads...

Rears I use raybestos ceramics, and fronts performance frictions Z rated.

I can hold over 12-15 PSI.

I couldnt with the cheap pads tho.