NEW TA Performance "Stock header's"

Rich Geo---I just got my Heddman/GSCA headers delivered today. Your's should be soon.

Grumpy took some pretty good pics but they still don't quite do these justice as stock replacement headers go these are above and beyond any that have been on the market previously.

Well we used the V band ones on Melissa's GN. Looked/work great to. Thats why I figured TAs would fit the bill to for stock replacements. Nick did tell me they were nice. Plus he gave me a "time line" on them.. Had a 10 day wait if that. They are nicer in person. I have used ATRs and postons an looked at the GS club ones. Ill be putting them on in a few months. HS !!! It's Dec already !! :eek:

V bands suck and they are a pain to install in tight quarters such as here. This is a much better set up.

Guess she could do the testing before it leaves. You know to make sure everything is in check. The headers look nice.

They look real nice but why a 2-piece crossover?

Because of different combinations of head gasket thickness, deck height and head deck machining. All of those things can affect the distance between the headers and the easiest way to account for it is with a slip joint in the crossover. An on-center block could create the same issue, but I doubt you'll see stock replacement headers on a stage block.

been running these for 2 years!!!! grumpy they fit awesome and the sound is alot deeper at wot and little different idle sound. also slight increase in spool up. best investment in headers that i bought. TA did there homework

Ya, that's it, just fing em on the hood......no blanket or cardboard to save the paint :rolleyes::p
Nice looking headers though Dan

Ya, that's it, just fing em on the hood......no blanket or cardboard to save the paint :rolleyes::p
Nice looking headers though Dan

Seriously I was looking for a place to put them so you could see them. I was very careful to just set them down for the pics. It is the dogs daily driver :p Don't mess with a dogs car. :p

Attachments

• 4 25 d.jpg
    4 25 d.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 451
  • dog4.jpg
    dog4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 450
Make sure you deburr the sides on the outside of the flanges to make it easy to access to the bottom bolts in front and back on the heads with a socket in case you have to re-torque the heads, this way headers don't have to come off every time you have to do a re-torque.

Gonna be ordering these ASAP.

Dan, how much extra was the coating? Ceramic? I had a local shop to my truck headers and the didn't come out too great.

Make sure you deburr the sides on the outside of the flanges to make it easy to access to the bottom bolts in front and back on the heads with a socket in case you have to re-torque the heads, this way headers don't have to come off every time you have to do a re-torque.

Thanks for the tips BUT we don't do "retorque's". We do them the last thing at night an check em again in the morning. :cool: Throw it in the car an we are ready to go. :biggrin:

Gonna be ordering these ASAP.

Dan, how much extra was the coating? Ceramic? I had a local shop to my truck headers and the didn't come out too great.

My buddy ordered them for his car an had Nick send em to me directly. I forget what the coating was. It's a nice finish on them to. Give Nick a shout an he will take care of ya.. NO BS :p

We designed these headers to be a cheaper alternative to our Performance headers and as a replacement for stock headers while retaining high quality construction. We kept a lot of the components more or less "stock" to keep the price down and so the components will work with stock headers in case you needed to replace just the driver's side header or the cross-over. They're made from stainless steel not mild steel so you can run them without a coating.

hello; TABuickMike I think it would be a good idea to state in this thread exactly what types of headers you sell and tell what makes them race or stock and any other comments you might have.
I know you can go to TA site and I have a few times. But when I was there last there was race SS, stock SS no coating, and steel that was coated.
IBBY

Will be good to get the car over here. Aussies won't know what the heck the Buick is or how to deal with it.
The Ceramic coat on the headers was about $200 I think. Either way...the TA Headers look great.

There are some hot performance cars over here...but the Buick will be unique.

Will be good to get the car over here. Aussies won't know what the heck the Buick is or how to deal with it.
The Ceramic coat on the headers was about $200 I think. Either way...the TA Headers look great.

There are some hot performance cars over here...but the Buick will be unique.

Oh God !! Thought Shane closed the door for "newbie's" :confused::p

We designed these headers to be a cheaper alternative to our Performance headers and as a replacement for stock headers while retaining high quality construction. We kept a lot of the components more or less "stock" to keep the price down and so the components will work with stock headers in case you needed to replace just the driver's side header or the cross-over. They're made from stainless steel not mild steel so you can run them without a coating.
Is it possible to weld the crossover together to be one piece? TA, would you be able to do that?