New Syclone owner #1991

peteraq1

I picked up the Sy on Monday, needs an engine rebuild. Got the engine out yesterday, should be ready for the machine shop by Monday.

P6230399.jpg

P6230400.jpg

Its kind of cool that your Syclone is #1991 and that is the year they were made. I know its stupid but I find amusement in the smallest of things, damn my ADD:p

I paid $5000.00 for it, but it needed to have the engine rebuilt. The motor is out and disassembled and going to the machine shop today. :biggrin: :eek:

Just when pat thought he was safe.
I remember you saying that a GTO was in the future.

Stock rebuild?

I know it will be a show stopper someday.

This one came a lot cheaper then the GTO. Besides it'll be faster then the GTO in the quarter. :smile: The wife help me decide, get the Syclone now, because when we buy a new house, you're not getting anything else. :rolleyes: Looks like I'll have to go back to Iraq to get a GTO or Zr1.

Looks like I'll have to go back to Iraq to get a GTO or Zr1.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say a GTO or a Z06!!!

Just when pat thought he was safe.
I remember you saying that a GTO was in the future.

Stock rebuild?

I know it will be a show stopper someday.

i'm pretty safe :)

i'm still faster. i might not be as pretty to get the big trophy @ autofair. but i still love my rides.

I'm not hating either i'm just a little jealous is all.

This truck won't be a show truck at all. I purchased the truck to replace the GTI I use to autocross. I figure some suspension work and tires, it should be quite competitive in its class. :wink:

I did a some cleaning on the Sy today. Washed, clay barred, and applied a coat of wax. Also I moved the battery from under the front right fender, relocated it to the bed of the truck. Its still a 30-30 truck, 30 feet or 30 mph and it looks good.

Engine won't be ready until later this week, maybe it'll be road worthy by the end of the month.

Attachments

• P7120414.jpg
    P7120414.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 343
  • P7120415.jpg
    P7120415.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 335
Pat I didn't want to polish my hooptee, but I had to. You saw the first pics in the thread, I had to see what was under all that gunk and spider webs. I had to sit in it and make engine noises and turbo sounds.:D It still didn't help, can't wait for the motor to be finished.

Lookin good Alonzo! I may need you to pass on some polish tips to get my Ty back to something other than a years worth of dust & pollen:)

I think I need to show Korey the washing and waxing methods, so he can make money to get the Fiero running. :D