New style plastic LS1 maf sensor

hello; I got one but no real world stuff yet but at first it bothered me but now it doesn't. I thought about alum.under the hood and it gets pretty hot and plastic is not as prone. The stock one came plastic and that's good enough for me. Plus a knowledgeable vendor says it might flow a little better. But that could be a sales pitch.
IBBY

Is it a 5 pin connector with the IAT sensor built in? Can you use 3 inch hoses or need slightly bigger?

None I am aware of. I will swap it with the one in my T and see if it acts differently. Both cars have there own quirks,so maybe GN is maf related. You have me wondering.:wink:

hello; I came on to say with the LS1 sensor, translater and new to me CAI the car drives smoother to me at idle and driving. I took the car a few miles to a transmission shop and that's my first impression. Not heavy on the gas yet but I like it. Old setup stock MA sencor, air filter at end of MA pipe same 5.6 TT chip
IBBY

aluminum

Wanted to get some other feedback on this. Anyone else running one?

Im running the aluminum one and am very happy. I went with pipe rjc maf pipe and idle and response seem great. I know this wasn't what you were asking but I couldn't I help it.

Im running the aluminum one and am very happy. I went with pipe rjc maf pipe and idle and response seem great. I know this wasn't what you were asking but I couldn't I help it.

Roger that. The aluminum ones work well indeed but the new plastic ones I wonder about.

I hope they're fine, I bought my Translator and LT1 MAF from FT and it's the plastic one... At first I thought they gave me the wrong MAF.

the new units move more air and have better electronics. The only potential problem I see is that they may be more sensitive to fan wash, not sure but it could happen. The good news is that a reclock should fix it easy.
Mike

the new units move more air and have better electronics. The only potential problem I see is that they may be more sensitive to fan wash, not sure but it could happen. The good news is that a reclock should fix it easy.
Mike

hello; Could you explain fan wash and reclock. I think i get it but I'd like you to explan.
thanks
IBBY

fan wash is when the cooling fans turn on they blow over the filter and cause the maf to read some of the air, I have seen the BLM change 10 numbers up when the fans come on and then go back down when they turn off. By reclock I siply mean loosen the clamp and turn the sensor 90 degrees to move the element, that will usually help, you may have to do it more than once.
Mike

I have the new style black plastic 3" and works fine with the translator. I bought mine from the GM dealership in town (have an account - decent price).

No issues....

Just installed the new black plastic LS1 sensor yesterday. It replaced an older aluminum-ended LS1 sensor. I noticed smoother idle and lower (-2 or so) cruise BLMs. Overall, a nice upgrade for me.