New style plastic LS1 maf sensor

I have the new style black plastic 3" and works fine with the translator. I bought mine from the GM dealership in town (have an account - decent price).

No issues....

hello; Could you tell me what a decent price is from a dealer? I got mine from a site vendor and I'd like to know. I did get the larger one.
thanks
IBBY

MAF MASS AIR FLOW METER GM 5.3L 5.7L 6.0L LS1 LQ4 LS6 | eBay

part #25168491
Has a screen.

LS6 MAF LS1 Delphi Z06 with Harness | eBay

part #25341604
No screen

New OEM Air Mass Sensor MAF 12576410 | eBay

part #12576410
card style maf screws or rivets directly into maf pipe

all have pins. 3 pins for maf sensor and 2 for iat sensor. all usable with a translator but all need a 5pin to 3 pin adapter for the translator to plug into.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?products_id=1097

you can get an adapter with the 5pin to 3 pin and not utilize the built iat sensor or you can get a 5 pin to 3 and 2 wire which has a splice for the translator and a splice for the iat. All plug and play

hello; I thought the sensor had to be calibrated to the TB? From what was just posted you can run one off the shelf.
IBBY

Was wondering, has anyone tried one (a plastic MAF) post turbo? Looking at pictures it is difficult to tell whether it would hold up to 30 #'s of boost or not.

RemoveBeforeFlight

hello; I thought the sensor had to be calibrated to the TB? From what was just posted you can run one off the shelf.
IBBY
I could be wrong but that's what the translator is for. Thats why it has setting for different maf's and chips. The translator is what allows you to run an LT1, LS1, or LS6 directly from a different vehicle because they're already calibrated to that engine.

I could be wrong but that's what the translator is for. Thats why it has setting for different maf's and chips. The translator is what allows you to run an LT1, LS1, or LS6 directly from a different vehicle because they're already calibrated to that engine.

hello; That makes sense but I saw plug and play and the brain farted.
That does make the conversion a bit expensive but I still did it and I'll give more feedback on that subject in the future.
IBBY

the ATS in 12576410 in NOT compatable, it is different than the rest and will not read right.
Mike

the ATS in 12576410 in NOT compatable, it is different than the rest and will not read right.
Mike

interesting. Is there a card style maf that will work or is it just the ats that doesn't work so you can utilize 12576410 with the stock ats?

fan wash is when the cooling fans turn on they blow over the filter and cause the maf to read some of the air, I have seen the BLM change 10 numbers up when the fans come on and then go back down when they turn off. By reclock I siply mean loosen the clamp and turn the sensor 90 degrees to move the element, that will usually help, you may have to do it more than once.
Mike

hello; Speaking of fan wash. What do you think the MAF is going to read when driving a TB with a filter outside the engine bay. I went for Tin Man CAI and the filter is outside the car towards the lower drivers side front. If that engine cooling fan is going to effect things my set up sure will. I guess I'll ch. the BLM idling and in motion to see for real.
IBBY

"Fan Wash"

hello; Speaking of fan wash. What do you think the MAF is going to read when driving a TB with a filter outside the engine bay. I went for Tin Man CAI and the filter is outside the car towards the lower drivers side front. If that engine cooling fan is going to effect things my set up sure will. I guess I'll ch. the BLM idling and in motion to see for real.
IBBY

Hey IBBY,

You've got no worries of "fan wash" with the Tin Mans CAI kit. Your air filter is located outside of the engine bay and is not affected by the fans air movement when it comes on.
I've got one installed and been using it for years..... works great, am very happy with it.

Did you finally find a 3.5" MAF Pipe?

dave

OK which way do you guys have the plug facing? I tried up, down and facing the back of the car. I don't think much changed.

hello; davpar I never got a 3.5" pipe. I tried my own thing and it didn't work out. Tin Man says he's been trying to cum up with one but that latest is he's having problems. I still want one and I'm using my 3" for now. He'll probably have it ready as the winter kicks in.
As far as plug placment. With the LS1 I think I have it facing the front of the car.
IBBY

Got this car back from customer. The ls1 plastic sensor is still having issues with throttle lift and part throttle surge. It's way to sensitive. Anytime the throttle is lifted the car sputters. Part throttle surge is a bucking bronco. Take foot off gas on deceleration it acts like it wants to die.

So................. I threw a aluminum ls1 sensor on and man what a difference. The car is a different animal

The one thing different between the two is a screen. The plastic one has it, the aluminum one doesn't. Tomorrow I'll pull the screen in the plastic one and give it one more shot of glory. If it's still trigger happy, I'll stick with the aluminum sensor.

Hey Mike, before I de-screen this maf, can you take it back? I have no problem with store credit.:biggrin:

RL

When I used to run my plastic sensor it had to be de-screened to run right. Using my screened one it ran terribly...

,Dan

Sounds like a bad sensor.I have ran mine on both mine and no difference vs aluminum one. Left the screen in also.