New Stainless hood emblems for you guys

C

coach

A while back, CharlieF1 asked if I could make a "repop" of the Obsolete "Turbo3.8Litre" hood emblem for you guys with these cars. John Follweiler sent me an NOS emblem to copy. Well let me tell you...this was NOT fun. My programmer and I have about 8-10 hours of measuring and modifying and tweaking. It is as close as we can get it without having the Original GM mold.
NO PLASTIC EMBLEMS HERE GUYS.
These will be Stainless steel. They will NEVER break or rust. Only thing is...they will not be painted flat black.
Once they are on your car...nobody will know they are not factory. They are very very close.
They will be mirror polished with a satin stainless surround. If you want to paint them...you can and then just wipe off the tops of the mirror surface.
Considering they are not able to be found...I did this for you guys. If you are interested...post up. I will do my best to fill all orders. The process is a slower machining method and takes time.
Emblems are $150 a pair.
I am looking into becoming a Vendor and if these go well...I will pay the fee with these sales.
Please give your feedback.
Thanks
Coach
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1384704230.971147.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Is that the NOS emblem, or the reproduction in the picture? You might want to specify which years it fits - I'm guessing it the bigger 78/80 emblem. It doesn't match the 81/83.

The emblem in the photo is the NOS. The design on paper is what my emblems will look like. It is about 6 1/2 inches long and 3/4 inch tall. The molded plastic emblem is totally garbage. Trying to reverse engineer it was impossible. It is very inconsistent. No two dimensions are even close. My emblem is more accurate and will last forever.
I'm hoping to cut the orders I already have this week or the coming weekend.

Is that the NOS emblem, or the reproduction in the picture? You might want to specify which years it fits - I'm guessing it the bigger 78/80 emblem. It doesn't match the 81/83.
Post up the 81-83. I can scale this emblem to a different size.

The background is different. The smaller emblem is not as thick (deep) as the larger. I'd ray the larger is a 1/4" thick the small is 1/8".

Turbo 3.8 Litre.jpg

That's no biggie. That's just the reinforcement to strengthen it. The lettering is the same.
Send me that smaller emblem and I will scale mine down and offer both. If you want to...PM me.

Are these the right ones for the 87 models?

Are these the right ones for the 87 models?

No. These are the hot air cars. The hot air guys cannot get these any longer.

coach an you make a 4.1 instead of 3.8 ?
Sorry. These emblems are to replace the factory emblems. I am looking into other emblems like a SFI TURBO with the other engine displacements.
That is not what this thread is for.
This is for the Hot Air guys who have not been able to get emblems for their cars for many years.

Too bad, I would want some Turbo 4.1 Litre emblems. :)

(PS - 1978/83 are "Carb/Turbo". The 84/85 SFI non-intercooled guys have a trademark on "Hot Air" ;) .)

coch I was joking nice parts.:)
That's fine. I would make all kinds, but they are not easy.
I need to concentrate on what would move the best. The more emblems I sell the easier it is on costs. I'm trying to help the entire community. If you want one of a kind emblems...they can be done too....but they are more $$$.

Donnie's done what no one else has and it looks great. I did find one of the emblems on evilbay recently and it looked like it had been put through the wringer. The chrome was chipped and there were some ugly marks all over it. The first time it was offered it was $50 plus shipping and the last time I saw it he had it at $9.95 with free shipping. It never sold and that's the only one I've seen in the last 3 or 4 months. Now we can put a decent looking emblem on our cars and it will hold up.;) Thanks for doing this Donnie.:cool:

The 84-87 hood emblem is about 10" long and the same height. The emblem I just finished is about 6 1/2".

Wa!! Hooo !!! U get the designer of the year award!!

Hey Guys,
I need to know who might be interested in ordering these. I am making cutters as we speak. I have orders for 3 sets so far. These will be a 2-3 week turnaround. They are not easy, nor fast to machine.

Thanks
Coach

Too bad, I would want some Turbo 4.1 Litre emblems. :)

(PS - 1978/83 are "Carb/Turbo". The 84/85 SFI non-intercooled guys have a trademark on "Hot Air" ;) .)
The only way I could do the 4.1 would be to make it a 3 piece emblem. "Turbo"_"4.1"_"Litre" and then you stick them on in a line. Would that work?