(NEW) Stage II Short Block For Sale

BAGN

God Bless America!!!
I have a friend who has changed his mind on projects. He wants to sell his NEW Stage II motor fresh from the machine shop. Here is the info . . .

Block was a virgin before machine work was done.
4.1 On-Center #153
4.00 bore
New 3.625 Moldex Crank (Wide Journal)
6.5 Corrillo Rods
(8) JE Pistons 9:1 (2 extra)
Motor is assembled and ready to go.
$10,900

Attachments

• New Satge II.JPG
    New Satge II.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,566
Why does it say 3.790 twice on the block? Looks like a 3.8 to me.??

Where is engine?
Who built it?

Thanks!!

OK, I'm a newbie, but even I can see that is not a #153 block. Look at the lifter valley. It's got drain holes in it. Also you can't get a 3.79 bore out of a 4.1 block?? :confused: :confused:

Are you sure about this??

I guess it could be a smaller version of the #153, with drain holes added? But the drain holes do not look freshly machined?

There were a few different models of the 153 block made, If you look at he front you can see the oil feed into the block is drilled on an angle,THis is a on center 153 block,as far as the bore they came in both sizes 3.8 and 4.1 do im not sure there

stage 2 block

Hey guys, I sold him that block and that is my writing still on it!! it was a virgin 153 block that came with 3.790 bore!! I have seen a few blocks come like this. dont remember the drain holes?? but im getting old !! looks like a good idea for a wet sump set-up to me. when I had that block the cylinders near the cam looked like they were 1/2" thick. this is as good a block as you will ever find!!! good luck to all mike booher

Mike is correct. I bought this block from him about a year ago. It was a virgin with a 3.79 bore. It was bored out to a 4.00.

As he also stated "this is as good a block as you will ever find!!!" Very True

Holes in lifter bore are oil drain holes for wet sump.(freshly machined)

Motor is at and built by Conley's Performance Plus.

Motor was built GN1 heads 47cc

Chris :)

Attachments

• New Stage II Casting #.JPG
    New Stage II Casting #.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 1,366
Well depends, All 153 i think had splayed 4 bolt center caps, and steel end caps,Some 153s had cross bolted(bolts that come in from the side) on the front and rear caps,some on all 4 caps,So in you can say some have 4 bolt outers and 6 bolt centers,But some blocks had to side bolts

The front & rear caps DO NOT have the cross bolts but are 4 bolt mains.

Hey turbo2nr, If you find that bank to rob, I'm your driver :cool:

BAGN said:
The front & rear caps DO NOT have the cross bolts but are 4 bolt mains.

Nice stuff. Any chance you could snap a photo of the front cap, I've never seen one like that

HighPSI said:
Nice stuff. Any chance you could snap a photo of the front cap, I've never seen one like that

OOOOPS. That was a typo. Centers are 4 bolt. Front & rear Are Not.

Attachments

• New Stage II Crank.JPG
    New Stage II Crank.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,340
KLHAMMETT said:
There were a few different models of the 153 block made, If you look at he front you can see the oil feed into the block is drilled on an angle,THis is a on center 153 block,as far as the bore they came in both sizes 3.8 and 4.1 do im not sure there

First one I've seen without cross bolts :confused:

Joe

Chris,

This is a great picture of the early On center block with the wet sump oil pick up I described in another post yesterday. Thanks for posting it.

Neal

BAGN said:

BAGN said:

No problem, there's a lot of one-off stuff out there. Art Paltz has a block with 6 bolt end caps (something else I've never seen before). I've built a couple that had 6 bolt center caps, but only 4 bolt end caps (crossbolted).

HighPSI said:
No problem, there's a lot of one-off stuff out there. Art Paltz has a block with 6 bolt end caps (something else I've never seen before). I've built a couple that had 6 bolt center caps, but only 4 bolt end caps (crossbolted).
Ya i saw that too on the Homepage.Not sure hes got that right.Ive never seen it on the end caps :confused: