(NEW) Stage II Short Block For Sale

blocks

I traded ron taroboro one just like yours. i have a 153 4X block with cross bolts in front only with 4 bolts in #2 and 3 mains and normal rear cap that takes a big block chev, rear seal and no provision for internal oil pickup, its a manard indy block, bore is 3.910 deck hight 9.535 :) good luck with your sell, oc,

Joe Lubrant said:
First one I've seen without cross bolts :confused:

Joe

My early model 0153 block doesn't have the cross bolts in the end either. It is identical to this motor. Conley's originally built it as well. I just freshined it up this past winter. Drew

I had three early Oncenter blocks without any crossbolts. Two were 153 castings (both went to Ron Tarabori). One of these blocks had the front oil feed tower straight up and down like the 016 offcenter block. That block had the bellhousing ears cut off for an Indy car application and came with a McLaren front cover.

The other 153 block looked like the one pictured in this post. The third was an "X" numbered block that now belongs to a friend in Ohio.

Is your friend accepting trades? :smile:

I have a home theatre system I can part with:
2 - B&K amps
1 - B&K Tuner
1 - pair Martin Logan electrostatic front speakers.
1 - pair Martin Logan electrostatic rear speakers.
1 - Klipsch subwoofer.

Cal, do you have any pictures of the #153 block you have built with the 6 bolt centers that you could share? Sounds like a killer piece.
Thanks, Kip

6-bolt block

Kip, Ive got a 6-bolt block here that i have pics of, sorry I dont know how to post pics!!! send me an e-mail at buickv6@hotmail.com and I will have my wife send you some pics tonight then you can share on here!!

thanks mike 937 272-4313

Mike, I need to come see you one day to do some BSing, this just gives me an even better reason to do it. If you emailed me the pictures I could not share them as I am just as lost as you on hoiw to do that stuff. I figured since Cal has a Web site he probably knows how to do that stuff and could share them for all to see.
Take care, Kip

6 bolt mains

I have a 6 bolt block in my collection of parts. Only the center 2 mains have 6
fasteners , the caps are raised up to the pan rail surface and 2 side bolts come
in just like the front and rear. I'm saving this one just in case they ever allow
stage blocks in TSM!!! :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

DAN
DLS ENGINE DEVELOPMENT

want to buy stage 2 block or engine

i want to buy stage 2 engine/block
maddox45@gmail.com[

QUOTE=BAGN;1242235]I have a friend who has changed his mind on projects. He wants to sell his NEW Stage II motor fresh from the machine shop. Here is the info . . .

Block was a virgin before machine work was done.
4.1 On-Center #153
4.00 bore
New 3.625 Moldex Crank (Wide Journal)
6.5 Corrillo Rods
(8) JE Pistons 9:1 (2 extra)
Motor is assembled and ready to go.
$10,900[/QUOTE]

Whats the farthest a 3.8 stage2 block has ever been bored out to? Will it go as far as a 4.1 stage2 block?

Mat,

That's sort of an open ended question. Most 3.8 liter off-center blocks can be bored to about 3.860". There is an obscure version of the 3.8 off-center block with siameesed cylinders that can be bored to at least 3.965" and probably further. Buick Motorsports sold a 3.8 liter version of the on-center stage II block which is nothing more than a 153 block that was underbored. All the 153 blocks should be able to be bored to 4.060" or a bit more depending the results of a sonic check.

Neal

Whats the farthest a 3.8 stage2 block has ever been bored out to? Will it go as far as a 4.1 stage2 block?

The ridges in the lifter galley tells me it's an early on ctr. later blocks have that area cast level, or close to it, so oil did not puddle.
My 153 was like the 1 Dan describes.. cross bolted at the ctr 2 mains.