New set up running rough

Soldier_GN

:(:cry:So i finally pulled the trigger nad got a set of ported TA heads with a 212 212 Cam. Cars running Alky on 91. I picked it up from the shop and the knock guage is lighting up like a christmas tree and i have 4-6 degrees of retard at 2000-2500 rmp...just crusing...get up to 5# boost and it gets worse and this is with Alky turned up all the way!

I had no knock or retard before the head job. Also, the PLX WB is showing 18-19 at idel and going into lean at idel also. FP was set at static and running about 40# at idel Any ieas what ineed to troubleshoot or check out guys? Any help would be great !!! Kinda lost and bummed out, not what i was expecting

Vacuum leak? Pressure test the intake.

Yes sir...new TT chip from Eric for the up grades....

Going to check for vacume leaks...and recalibrate my WB ..but that still dosent explain the knock guage lighting up....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

First guess is your lean. FP set to 43 with line off?

Thinking to reset the new chip...and recalibrate the WB O2 sensor...any thoughts ??

:(:cry:So i finally pulled the trigger nad got a set of ported TA heads with a 212 212 Cam. Cars running Alky on 91. I picked it up from the shop and the knock guage is lighting up like a christmas tree and i have 4-6 degrees of retard at 2000-2500 rmp...just crusing...get up to 5# boost and it gets worse and this is with Alky turned up all the way!

I had no knock or retard before the head job. Also, the PLX WB is showing 18-19 at idel and going into lean at idel also. FP was set at static and running about 40# at idel Any ieas what ineed to troubleshoot or check out guys? Any help would be great !!! Kinda lost and bummed out, not what i was expecting
What's the preload on the lifters?

I agree w/pronto on a vac. lk. Also ck to see if any damage was done to the knock sensor. If it was removed or accidently struck. It is supposed to be installed @ 14ft/#s. Any unmetered air can cause problems, insure no leaks betweeen the air filter and the t/b. Might inspect the check valves in the vac. lines, that they are installed in the proper direction. Do the heads have to be retorqued after heat cycling?

If your idle O2s are 18-19 then it way lean.

If you are seeing knock retard at just 2000rpm when cruising, I think you have a mechanical issue. Either something is hitting somewhere, or there might be a valvetrain issue.
Eric

Going to get sime specific numbers and more exact info tomorrow and post...push rod legnths, spring weights, valve numbers etc etc....this just sucks though

First thing>>>>>>A trip back to the shop that did the work??
X2. ^^ They did the work and should know what is what. If your not finding something obvious, like vac. leaks, DP hitting, etc.
They should make it right.

Was the shop that did the work versed in TBs? They should have never gave you the car like that.

Log a file when up to operating temp, idling and post it...Someone may see something....

The shop is the onkg one in town experienced with TB...hes an old school buick guy...never had any issues with his work before....he said the car was good last time he drive it the day before....so just weird all together