new seats

sinister87GN

08 trailblazer ss
i would like to put new seats in my gn twisted metal is what stock seats are now :( what fits what do u guys get i did look a procar seats but i dont know 150 or so is this way to cheep of a seat any pics or info would help:smile:

one of our local guys has some procars. They are tan leather to match his interior. They style of them looks great and he says they are comfortable. I believe they have different price levels.
I seen an El Camino that had Corbeau seats that looked great.
I would suggest something with a lot of adjustments so you won't get tired of them once they are installed for awhile. Also something that doesn't look out of place. Some guys like the 4th gen Camaro seats but I don't think they look that great in our cars nor are very comfortable.
See if you can find some Recaro's too. They came in a few cars from the 80's and up.
Tons of options just remember if it's something you have to recover it will cost you roughly $600 besides the cost of the seats so if you find a nice set for $400 that already are a close match don't it may not be such a bad deal.

Lear Sieglers are awesome if you can find a set. I have a set stashed to recover and use one day. 3rd set I have found. Kick myself for letting the first two go.

one of our local guys has some procars. They are tan leather to match his interior. They style of them looks great and he says they are comfortable. I believe they have different price levels.
I seen an El Camino that had Corbeau seats that looked great.
I would suggest something with a lot of adjustments so you won't get tired of them once they are installed for awhile. Also something that doesn't look out of place. Some guys like the 4th gen Camaro seats but I don't think they look that great in our cars nor are very comfortable.
See if you can find some Recaro's too. They came in a few cars from the 80's and up.
Tons of options just remember if it's something you have to recover it will cost you roughly $600 besides the cost of the seats so if you find a nice set for $400 that already are a close match don't it may not be such a bad deal.

Lear Sieglers are awesome if you can find a set. I have a set stashed to recover and use one day. 3rd set I have found. Kick myself for letting the first two go.

thank you olds 443 i like lear sieglers seats i do have this set of recaros but tracks dont line up i was looking into new brackets but have no clue were to start because dont know what gen/year seat it is:confused: also dont like head rest to much but if i could install that would be cool any ideas guys:cool:

Attachments

• gn parts 2 004.jpg
    gn parts 2 004.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 352
sinister,
Those seats are cool get with ScottW. I think he was going to use a set in his car maybe he knows ware to get a set of mounts that would work. I aways wanted to use a set of those but have the head rest center padded and then covered like the origanl GN seats. Or adapt the GN head rest to the seats before recovering.

Procar by Scat has adapters for our cars.

They are listed as a valid part number on their website.

You might be able to get a pair of them to work with the seats pictured.

I installed one of their cloth over real foam seats drivers side in 1995, still works great and the foam hasn't deteriorated one bit. :cool:

The main reason I prefer driving my WE4 over the GN.

It was around $400 back then, someday I will get one or two for the GN.

Corbeaus are nice too.

Recaro does make a bracket that will work.. I had a set in my car years ago. Wish I could help with a part number :(

I have a new set of Sparco Torinos that I planned to use, but are sitting new still in the bags. These are the grey and black version (with seat belt provisions).

I am almost positive I bought them years ago with brackets.. have to look :)

I would sell them (if someone is interested), I just have no idea how the hell I would ship them!! :) LOL!

Thx

those seats are cool. I would think the headrests would not be such a big deal to change. I wouldn't let brackets stop you from getting those in the car. For one you can always fabricate something to fit if you can't find the correct tracks, it's just steel. Hell, if you got real determined you could probably just make and move around the floor brackets. They're just folded sheetmetal boxes spot welded to the floor.:cool:
I am pretty sure you could find something that will work with little mods.

those seats are cool. I would think the headrests would not be such a big deal to change. I wouldn't let brackets stop you from getting those in the car. For one you can always fabricate something to fit if you can't find the correct tracks, it's just steel. Hell, if you got real determined you could probably just make and move around the floor brackets. They're just folded sheetmetal boxes spot welded to the floor.:cool:
I am pretty sure you could find something that will work with little mods.

I was thinking of that i could get steel sheet bend and adapt them to my gn seat tracks but i wanted the stock look :rolleyes:

I got brackets today i would need to mod brackets to make seats fit in gn i think i want to sell seats what would i ask for them i see ripped ones on e bay for $ 800 so i have no idea what recaros would be worth in good shape any info guys;)