new RJC Racing "Razor Water Pump Pulley" ?ey

replacement alternator fan

Hey Jason, how about a fan to match those nice pulleys! It would be a shame to put such a nice looking pulley against a butt-ugly alt. fan!
Nice looking stuff!

VERY nice pulleys. Now how about a light weight harmonic balancer? Or do those have to be heavy to make work properly because of the rubber in the middle?

Re: replacement alternator fan

Originally posted by Warp6
Hey Jason, how about a fan to match those nice pulleys! It would be a shame to put such a nice looking pulley against a butt-ugly alt. fan!
Nice looking stuff!

man I was thinking of that my self......

Originally posted by Addicted2boost
VERY nice pulleys. Now how about a light weight harmonic balancer? Or do those have to be heavy to make work properly because of the rubber in the middle?

You can't just change the harmonic balancer on our cars because this is balanced with the crank from the factory. Also there is no rubber in it. it is a cast steel piece.

I now have these pulleys in 3 and 2 piece sets with significant discounts for buying them together.

What do you guy's think of the flame pulley? (link at the bottom of the water pump pulley page)I dig it. Wonder if they have a matching alt. pulley as well?

Originally posted by Race Jace
You can't just change the harmonic balancer on our cars because this is balanced with the crank from the factory.
I thought from stuff I read on here that the balancer is balanced seperate:confused:

Intercooler, Our motors require the damper ( balancer ) and flex plate to be balanced with the crank. Pulleys and torque convertors are nuetral balanced when manufactured so there is no adverse effect when swaping these parts. Brian

Originally posted by Fuelie600
Intercooler, Our motors require the damper ( balancer ) and flex plate to be balanced with the crank. Pulleys and torque convertors are nuetral balanced when manufactured so there is no adverse effect when swaping these parts. Brian
I would agree but they take those for the bob-weight not the actual balance. I could be wrong but they never add or remove weight from the balancer....it is a seperate balanced assembly that remains untouched. The crank and flywheel however get metal removed or added. At least in the balance jobs I have had done this is the case. Anyone see it different?

Originally posted by Intercooler
I would agree but they take those for the bob-weight not the actual balance. I could be wrong but they never add or remove weight from the balancer....it is a seperate balanced assembly that remains untouched. The crank and flywheel however get metal removed or added. At least in the balance jobs I have had done this is the case. Anyone see it different?

the ballancer has nothing to do with the bob weight. In order to correctly externaly ballance a motor you must add and remove weight from the flywheel and the ballancer as needed.

Bob weight is simulating the weight the rod,piston,crank and rings adds to the crank. The weight of these items is totaled and a percentage of this (either 33% or 50% depending on application) is attached to each crank rod journal. The assembly is then ballanced by adding or subtracting weight at different positions on the flywheel and the ballancer.

The Factory crank pulley is ballanced all by itself at neutral. They do this by drilling a bunch of holes on the outside dia. The reason they have to do this is because the inner piece is just a cast piece and does not even come close to running true.

My pieces are precision machined with runouts held so tight that as machined, it is perfectly ballanced.

hope this helps.

I've heard from people much more knowledgeable than I (one of whom has been doing machine work for years) that you can put a lighter balancer on a crank and not have to rebalance the assembly. However, he said if you have to put a new "same weight" or heavier balancer on, you'd have to rebalance the rotating assembly in order for it to be right. Like I said, this is just what I've heard and never tried it in practice. Use at your own risk.