New Rjc intercooler ic-315-xtf

FLYNRYAN87

Over this past weekend i had the oppurtunity to test out the new rjc ic-315-xtf to see if it would help me with my overheating issues and let me tell ya the results were jaw dropping. Let me start by listing my mods to the cooling system i have a three core aluminum radiator brand new only two weeks old. I also have the dual spal fans and a boxed in front end to force air through. i was currently running the rjc 325 intercooler and always had heating problems in the ninety degree tempurature range. I have a 10 sec. gn that a drive 60 miles round trip to work at times. The real problems i was having was the last five miles of my commute is a thousand foot steady climb. With the ac on i could barely make it a third of the way and my temps would be about in the 230 range would have to shut off the ac but the car would only recover 10 degrees and was very frustrating. I would do the climb without the ac and my temps would be in the 200 to 205 range . So jason told me to give this new intercooler a try i took it to work the next day and drove home with the ac on max. when i made it to the top of the five mile climb my temp was 195 and it was 98 degress out. At the end of the climb there is a stoplight it turned red so i sat there for the usual minute and a half and hte temp recovered 5 degrees and maitained it i couldnt believe it i hadnt drove all the way home with the ac on on a hot day with the frontmount ever. So o drove the car to work the next day but didnt use the ac at all just wanted to see what the temp would be and my temps at the end of the climb were 180. And the power feels the exact same when i punch it. I think with this in tercooler we can have our cake and eat it too.

new rjc intercooler

Attachments

• IC-315-XTF1.jpg
    IC-315-XTF1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 413
Yes they are for sale. We are just finishing up our testing on these and couldn't be happier with the results we have seen thus far. please take a look at some of the info on our page. We will post all the testing data as soon as we get it all compiled and analized.
http://rjcracing.com/product/intercoolers/

We are also having a sale on our previous version of our IC-325 which up until this time has been the ultimate intercooler that all others are compared to.

Any reason for going with a tube and fine core over a bar and plate? Not trying to open a can of worms here just curious.

Any reason for going with a tube and fine core over a bar and plate? Not trying to open a can of worms here just curious.
I dont know if you have been following this post or not, but as indicated, the Tube and Fin seems to allow more airflow through the I/C core and to the radiator.... thus not only cooling the air charge but allowing the engine to run cooler as well......

Here is a copy and paste from Jason's site:

We designed this IC-315-XTF intercooler to rival our Standard IC-325 in performance but offer added weight savings and most importantly added cooling ability of the other heat exchangers by increasing the airflow across the core.
We have found that the thickness of this core (just aobout 3.15″) is as a perfect size to maintain the coolest charge air temps and allow the most air across the core. This intercooler comes much closer to our goal having as much intercooler as possible and yet still maintain the coolest engine temps. Shown on the left is the “NEW” IC-315-XTF. Our standard IC-325 is shown on the right.
This size of core is ideal for this and is large enough for to handle 750hp (approx 9.80s in the 1/4). Any car running faster than this should consider our IC-325 or even IC-475 that literally dwarfs any other intercooler on the market today.
how good does this perform you ask? Well the CAT (Charge Air Temps) of this intercooler come to within 5 deg of the standard IC-325 but weighs only 33# in comparison to the 41# of the IC-325. But here is the key. Because of the increased airflow across the core of the new IC-315-XTF you actually get cooler CATs with back to back runs. This core flows a wopping 53% more air across the core. This translates to much more airflow going across not only the intercooler core but also the A/C condensor core and the radiator. This leads to much cooler temps that rival stock location intercoolers. Our Tests have shown as much as a 20 deg temp difference over our previous designed intercooler. For all out racing the IC-325 and IC-475 can not be beat but for a street driven vehicle there really is not choice. this thing is amazing.

Another excellent product.... I have the original and have no complaints with it.

Chuck

Here is a copy and paste from Jason's site:

We designed this IC-315-XTF intercooler to rival our Standard IC-325 in performance but offer added weight savings and most importantly added cooling ability of the other heat exchangers by increasing the airflow across the core.
We have found that the thickness of this core (just aobout 3.15″) is as a perfect size to maintain the coolest charge air temps and allow the most air across the core. This intercooler comes much closer to our goal having as much intercooler as possible and yet still maintain the coolest engine temps. Shown on the left is the “NEW” IC-315-XTF. Our standard IC-325 is shown on the right.
This size of core is ideal for this and is large enough for to handle 750hp (approx 9.80s in the 1/4). Any car running faster than this should consider our IC-325 or even IC-475 that literally dwarfs any other intercooler on the market today.
how good does this perform you ask? Well the CAT (Charge Air Temps) of this intercooler come to within 5 deg of the standard IC-325 but weighs only 33# in comparison to the 41# of the IC-325. But here is the key. Because of the increased airflow across the core of the new IC-315-XTF you actually get cooler CATs with back to back runs. This core flows a wopping 53% more air across the core. This translates to much more airflow going across not only the intercooler core but also the A/C condensor core and the radiator. This leads to much cooler temps that rival stock location intercoolers. Our Tests have shown as much as a 20 deg temp difference over our previous designed intercooler. For all out racing the IC-325 and IC-475 can not be beat but for a street driven vehicle there really is not choice. this thing is amazing.
The 325 is a bar and plate so if they're are already making it thinner why not get the charged air cooling efficiency of a bar and plate just thinner for more air to the radiator?

The 325 is a bar and plate so if they're are already making it thinner why not get the charged air cooling efficiency of a bar and plate just thinner for more air to the radiator?

there is more to it than thickness. the 325 is the ideal thickness for that application. The 315 is barely thinner. we were shooting for the same thickness but the core is just has a different design so it is a tiny bit thinner.

Yes they are for sale. We are just finishing up our testing on these and couldn't be happier with the results we have seen thus far. please take a look at some of the info on our page. We will post all the testing data as soon as we get it all compiled and analized.
http://rjcracing.com/product/intercoolers/

We are also having a sale on our previous version of our IC-325 which up until this time has been the ultimate intercooler that all others are compared to.
i know its an old thread
im really interested in this intercooler, have you guys posted any of the testing data? I would like to know pressure drop and what ever eles you can tell me.
i will also send a pm

I’m also interested in what the drop would be at 30psi. I have it currently and like it a lot.
Sence you have the intercooler, you should test it and tell us haha
I'm not sure but I think all you need to do is put your boost gauge on one end and then test it on the other end and see the difference

Sence you have the intercooler, you should test it and tell us haha
I'm not sure but I think all you need to do is put your boost gauge on one end and then test it on the other end and see the difference

If I can find a female plug that is the same as my transducer I will run my fuel pressure transducer to the compressor and into the FAST temporarily to see what the drop is. On rjc’s Site it says it’s built to run as fast as 9.8’s, but nothing on pressure drop.

If I can find a female plug that is the same as my transducer I will run my fuel pressure transducer to the compressor and into the FAST temporarily to see what the drop is. On rjc’s Site it says it’s built to run as fast as 9.8’s, but nothing on pressure drop.
There is a guy on here that will be running test on a few intercoolers and the 315 will be one of them. I found out not too long ago. But the test will be probably months from now