New proud hot air owner...

do not buy a fuel pump off ebay whatever you do get one from fullthrottlespeed.com or one of our vendors. As far as the plugs if your going to run stock boost the 44's will work but as soon as you start turning the boost up you will want to change the plugs. As far as plugs do a search the NGK UR5's are by far the most popular plug for these cars. The NGK's are the way to go. as far as your exhaust system its your call. as far as a chip call Turbo Tweak and have him burn you one. he is by far the best chip burner out there right now.

You can also get a Walbro pump and hot wire kit from Racetronix. There were some cheap imitation Walbro pumps going around on e bay, so beware.

It sounds like your going in 20 different directions at once and want to change and upgrade everything now. Slow down, like everyone else said before. You and your bank account will appreciate it. Get it running good first in stock condition, then plan your upgrades. Even if you were to change the ecm and chip at this stage and the car knocks is it the chip, your ecm, fueling, ignition, maf, engine, :confused: . If you go changing a bunch of stuff and run into a problem it makes it that much more difficult and costly to fix.

Ok guys heres the plan.I'm installing my 255 in tank with adjustable reg.I'm not doing any mods yet.The old plugs i took out of car had the electrode was almost straight with the plug.There was 4 like that.I'll be interested to see how she runs with new wires and plugs.Thanks foreverything guys.Those plugs were awful to change...

I'm going with the fiberglass bumpersand probably having it painted black..Its going to be the poor mans GN..

well, it's your car so you can do whatever makes you happy, but personally, I'd keep the original color. There's plenty of black turbo buicks running around already ;) Not many cars like yours out there. Besides, doing a color change on a car is expensive to do correctly and if it's not done right, you'll regret it down the road. Your car is a good color and more stealthy than black since more people will recognize a "GN". (kinda ironic :cool: ) I'd get a decent repaint in the original color, throw some wheels and tires on it and call the exterior *done*!

Have you checked the original bumpers for the aluminum braces (inside the chorme plated part)? You might have the factory aluminum braces which is good. If your're going to drive the car on the street much, you'd better really think carefully about the fiberglass bumpers - they are for looks ONLY and offer ZERO crash/impact protection.

As for mods, it's always best to prioritize where the money goes first. Brakes should be priority #1. Since it's a 20+ year old car, you don't know the maintenace history and it's been sittiing for a long time - you'd be wise to have the entire braking system checked-out and worked over from back to front and top to bottom. If you haven't done it already, a new pads, shoes and new flexible lines should be mandatory and all that should go along with a complete system flush. Once the brakes are in top notch shape then move on to tuning and performance upgrades. And the brakes should also be #1 priority above paint, etc.

Have you checked gnttype.org for some basic clean-up, tune-up and performance guides? Some of the performance information may be out of date, but it's still a good place to start. One thing to remember is you need *information* about what your car is doing, in other words...gauges and a scan tool of some kind.

Sorry if you knew all this already, just trying to help. :cool:

His car should have the aluminum bumper supports as all 84 and 85 T-Types and GN's had the aluminum supports. It was in 86 that the GN's started coming with the steel supports while the T-Types retained the aluminum ones.

I would like to see some pics of one of these maroon to see how it looks with nice wheels.The stock wheels look like poop.That may presuade me keeping it the origanal color.Nothing looks better than a black regal with prostars,,,

85 T Type

Jason here you go!!!

Attachments

• Maple Colored T Type.jpg
    Maple Colored T Type.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 77
Thanks boostmaster...That is sweet... Is it an 84?? I have that door trim on mine.You have any better pics..I may keep it that color to be diffrent.