New hot air owner.

KauaiGn

My name is Kai, from Kauai,hawaii. Just recently purchased an 85 GN. Was wondering where you guys get parts from? On my island everything will need to be ordered online. I really like the "hot air" section. Lots of info. I'm very new to GNs so trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks everyone!

Read the stickys and check out gbodyparts.com, turbotweak.com you can also find parts you need right here in the parts for sale or parts wanted forums, good luck with your Hot Air

There's not as many hot air cars vs intercooled cars so we don't have a lot of aftermarket parts, but we can be fast too!

Read the stickies and do the spring cleaning. Minus valve springs I think they're probably fine

Hello Kai,
Welcome. Are you looking for anything specific?
Post some pictures of your car when you get a chance.
As stated, read the stickies, use the search function, and ask questions . . . . . but most of all, have fun and be safe!

There's not as many hot air cars vs intercooled cars so we don't have a lot of aftermarket parts, but we can be fast too!

Read the stickies and do the spring cleaning. Minus valve springs I think they're probably fine

Thanks wahoo! Yea I've been going through the stickies as well as reading some posts that interest me. Seems like the best thing is to get it running good stock first, then hit up some small mods. But I'd really like to learn about my engine and how it ticks. There's only two other GNs on the island that I know of but I think they are ic'd. Good to know the hot airs can be fast too!!

Hello Kai,
Welcome. Are you looking for anything specific?
Post some pictures of your car when you get a chance.
As stated, read the stickies, use the search function, and ask questions . . . . . but most of all, have fun and be safe!

Not anything real specific yet. Just trying to learn my engine. Guess the homework never ends lol. Seeing what works and what doesn't. But I plan to ask a lot of questions as they arise. I get my car Tuesday as it's coming from another island. Thanks jerryl

How do you ship from one island to the next and what does it cost?

We ship via barge. If my mom didn't work at the shipping company it would cost about 250.00.

Btw. Where can I find a set if headers for my 85? I have a friend that can make me the intake and down pipes. Would like to change the headers out though.

We ship via barge. If my mom didn't work at the shipping company it would cost about 250.00.

Btw. Where can I find a set if headers for my 85? I have a friend that can make me the intake and down pipes. Would like to change the headers out though.
Speed Daddy headers I've heard work with minor mods but there is really no where to find headers for us besides a custom made set and btw there's only one down pipe the other is the up- pipe

Speed Daddy headers I've heard work with minor mods but there is really no where to find headers for us besides a custom made set and btw there's only one down pipe the other is the up- pipe

I tried to search any info on the mods needed for the headers but can't seem to find any. Would you happen to know where I can find pictures or an article on it?
Thank you in advance!