New project

The paint looks great but I have a sugestion on the alt brkt grind off the powder coat/paint on both sides and use some external washers when you put the ring terminal wires on so you get a good ground. See ya! John
I think I'd rather just add some ground straps than mess up my paint job. Good looking out though!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1383979783.101482.jpg
After a long pause on getting my car done I'm putting the engine in.

hey luisturbog... can you tell me more about the brake setup? what year corvette parts, who makes the adapter and what size rim you need to clear it
my gn has dropped spindles but stock brakes right now
thanks
p.s i saved all your motor pics as reference for my motor assembly lol they are very clear

hey luisturbog... can you tell me more about the brake setup? what year corvette parts, who makes the adapter and what size rim you need to clear it
thanks
p.s i saved all your motor pics as reference for my motor assembly lol they are very clear
2004 vette calipers & rotors. The rotors are centric drilled & slotted rotors for that application. Hubs are late model blazer as well as the knuckle. Kore3 offers the adapters to make it all work. I'm currently on hold for the brake lines, I might get custom steel braided ones made.

thanks
Btw all info I read says u have to run 17" or bigger rims. I'm gonna run spoked rims & I found out the hard way that I have to run a 1" spacer but it clears good now. There was a lot of options on brake setups out there & I personally was really disappointed with seeing all the turbo Regals with wimpy brake setups behind nice rims. If u look at one of my other threads you'll see a stock setup that I did with stock application drilled & slotted rotors. Even though it looks a little better it still doesn't look symmetrical.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1384062424.103300.jpg
Mind you that this is my mock up 17" spoked rim. See how close caliper is to the lip of the rim? I love the fullness it gives in the background.

thanks for the info, i already have my 16" modular rims, i will probably find a 12" rotor that will work and fabricate some brackets to work with them, yours looks like a factory setup though

thanks for the info, i already have my 16" modular rims, i will probably find a 12" rotor that will work and fabricate some brackets to work with them, yours looks like a factory setup though
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1384091391.412140.jpg

they are a factory setup! For corvette!
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1384091465.227978.jpg

Whats up Louis I see your at it again, it seems we all have to take breaks from these cars once in a while.When do you think you'll have it started up. Is the Lt4 starter going to work out for you after all. Thanks

Whats up Louis I see your at it again, it seems we all have to take breaks from these cars once in a while.When do you think you'll have it started up. Is the Lt4 starter going to work out for you after all. Thanks
Yeah I'm at it again. So far the starter is looking like its gonna work. I'm gonna try & put the wiring harness on by the end of the week. I want to recondition the harness clean it up & put new wire conduit on. I'll post pix as soon as I get it done.