New Product--Tester

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
These are rough.. but a picture is worth a thousand words.

The gauge will be a 300 PSI liquid filled, has an M15 nozzle built into the cap, and the simulator box has a 1.6-5v output with a knob so it simulates a 3 bar MAP under boost. The decal for the simulator box is coming together and will read 0,7,15,22,30 PSI. This way you can test the pump at different boost levels and see its pressure output. Without having to hook up an air compressor to the MAP sensor.

This is a great way to check the system for full output pressure, check the system for leaks under high pressure, test the operation of the red/green pressure LED, and it recirculates the alky back into the container.

Item can be kept in the glove box and all that is needed to install is a wrench to put the hose on the fitting, and plug the 3 bar MAP connector into the female on the 3 bar simulator.

The simulator box also allows draining the system from under the hood. Unhook the hose, place it into a container, put the simulator at 30 PSI.. quick drain.

I've been beating on a test gauge now for over a week with the controllers.. so far so good.

I'll post pixs up when the decals arrive and some pixs of the item installed on a Buick.

Thanks guys.. have had some requests for a way to really test the system.. here it is.

Pricing.. shouldnt be too bad.. i'll figure that out next few days.

Thanks as always for the support,

Julio

Attachments

• Tester1_1.JPG
    Tester1_1.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,463
  • Tester2_2.JPG
    Tester2_2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,457
  • Tester3_3.JPG
    Tester3_3.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,476
Thanks guys.. here's a proto on the decal. Will be black and silver letters :D

Attachments

• tester4_1.JPG
    tester4_1.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,433
Cool tester Julio

Any leads on a new reservoir?

Things are moving like Molasses. So far cheapest quote has been 6K for the mold. :frown:

I have like 5 tanks out at different places getting quotes. I need to find a blow-moulder thats hungry :D May need to find a contact and send one to China.. but i'd really hate to do that. :redface:

Thanks all on the tester.. I'll do an initial run of 12 next week.

Back to work :D

What is the life expectancy of a pump any way? Ive been running the same one for 4 or 5 years now. makes me wonder?...

Intro pricing at 75.00 plus 5 for S&H USPS Priority or 12 for S&H UPS ground. 89.00 will be the regular price plus the shipping.

Covers materials and a little labor to assemble and test. They will be ready early next week. :D I'll post up final pixs in a few days. :wink:

Put me down for one when they are avail:D Need to keep up with pump "health", LOL.

We're ready to roll on these :D

Attachments

• tester5_1.JPG
    tester5_1.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,207
How much pressure should the gauge read with a certain number of boost? Say, 30 PSI should equal what on the gauge? And 15? Ect. ect.

I want one!

Thanks Jason

The way the controller is setup plays a role in this. Meaning if you go to 30 PSI and have the knob on position 1 vs position 8. Same with the Initial. At position 8 and a good battery on the car, should go way past 160 PSI. On 14 volts, using water should go over 200 PSI. Water is heavier than alcohol. We get 250+ PSI on every pump built at 14volts using the same nozzle.

2 shipped out today. Call me to order it. be up on the ebay store latter this week.

Neat thing is you can sweep the voltage on the MAP from 1.6-5volts so other things like dataloggers, VE tables, etc can be moved without running the car.

:cool: