New Pinks Season???

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
Just watched the new episode and its just like the old seasons! :mad: I wish they would put more effort into getting cars with similar performance. Its just not interesting to me when u have to spot 8 cars! Maybe I expect too much??? :confused: Its still the best show at that time slot!

Yea, I was all for the Monte when the Datsun guys asked for 20 cars then the Monte guys just turned unpleasant and I was all for the turbo. Thought the Monte was gonna hit the wall in the last race.Monte guy said it wasnt a drag car with a stroker, nitrous ,gutted and a transbrake to list a few. Oh well.

kind of sucked being that the cars wasn't even close to being equal, but thats how it is on the street, you don't know what the other guy has until you run him. thats what give you the excitement when you hope you got enough to cover him :eek:

pinks

yeah, I just watched that show, at least it was not a re-run. And I too wish they would get some good head up racing on there. It pisses me off when people get half track races :eek: i'm thinking of taking my pocket bike on that show :D I could probably do a 30 sec. 1/4 mile :rolleyes:

Just be patient. They shot a couple of episodes here in STL and they should be more competitive. Two friends of mine (brothers) ran their 9 sec. F-Bodies almost heads up. Do not miss this episode. First gen Firebird (355 chevy) vs. Fourth gen SS heads up and wheels up. I've known these guys all my life and they do not disappoint. Both cars are sticks and they're gettin second gear with the wheels up. I believe it's the fourth or fifth episode of the season. I won't let on to who wins but it goes five runs. Immaculate, amazing cars. Even better in person. If the other shows are anything like this one it should be a great season.

i'd like to see a lot of heads up racing instead of whining , crying , moaning , groaning & "give me at least 15 cars crap" , might as well change the name of the show from PINKS to PUNKS !

Seen the first season

I've seen the first season at least one episode, where there was a white 87 Monte SS against like a 69 SS Camaro. That Monte SS smoked em about 3 times but it ended up going like 4 or 5 races. Both cars were pretty much toast at the end but the cool thing was both parties went home with their rides. Alot of tempers and attitudes on that show though!! Whew!! Seen one the other night an 88 Mustang vs. a 97 Camaro and the Mustang guy was a complet AS#$%&^ to the camaro dude. Felt bad for the camaro dude. I hope they have a GN or a T on there one of these days that would be sweet. :cool:

daviss said:
Just be patient. They shot a couple of episodes here in STL and they should be more competitive. Two friends of mine (brothers) ran their 9 sec. F-Bodies almost heads up. Do not miss this episode. First gen Firebird (355 chevy) vs. Fourth gen SS heads up and wheels up. I've known these guys all my life and they do not disappoint. Both cars are sticks and they're gettin second gear with the wheels up. I believe it's the fourth or fifth episode of the season. I won't let on to who wins but it goes five runs. Immaculate, amazing cars. Even better in person. If the other shows are anything like this one it should be a great season.

I was about to mention that :) I already know who wins :(

Biggest problem with that show is that the cars are always way uneven. They ask for 12 second cars and some guy shows up with a gutted car, huge small block and 2 stages of nitrous. The faster car always gets a huge lead and sandbags at the end. They should do a better job of matching the cars up.

im not a big import fan, but i like to see a good race. that said when they have an import on the show can they find someone that is not a whiny bitch? every one ive seen with an import, at least against a domestic, there were actually a couple of shows with import against import that didnt have as much whining, you think they could find a guy that didnt whine so much. thats all they seem to do is whine about how much the other guy is sand bagging or something. the last episode i could have done without the firebird guys "fanclub" also.

loki993 said:
im not a big import fan, but i like to see a good race. that said when they have an import on the show can they find someone that is not a whiny bitch? every one ive seen with an import, at least against a domestic, there were actually a couple of shows with import against import that didnt have as much whining, you think they could find a guy that didnt whine so much. thats all they seem to do is whine about how much the other guy is sand bagging or something. the last episode i could have done without the firebird guys "fanclub" also.

they ALL whine and complain and sandbag... it's just like the internet... :rolleyes:

entertainment

You have to remember that pinks is entertainment. With any Hollywood script you have to have conflict and personalities clashing, the general public thrives on that. I think that is why they have the negotiation bit. That is always the part we are all rolling our eyes on and saying WHAT? Its a Friken drag race! The baddest mother wins! Heads up man!

Hell I love the show, rather watch that than anything else on Wednesday night.

It would be cool to see them make two teams take two stock cars of any make and give them a true 5k or so budget and see who builds the baddest car.

Dennis

that would be a good show definitly.

i know its entertainment and i know you need conflict, but you can have conflict without whining.

Just be patient. In a couple of weeks the boys from St. Louis will show everyone how it's done. I promise.

whinning

loki993 said:
that would be a good show definitly.

i know its entertainment and i know you need conflict, but you can have conflict without whining.

Yah,,, but you gotta love the whinning......something to laugh at!

We taped last night at MIR not giving details but we had a great time.
We were told by the whole crew that it was the best show taped ,afterwards we ran into Steve Pullin at Dinner(or breakfast it was early(late) and i believe we will be the season finally.These were 2 FAST cars.Sorry but no GN

I must also say the whole crew including Rich were great people.I got to spend some time with a few guys in the crew and it was a great showing,Huge crowd of people also

KLHAMMETT said:
We taped last night at MIR not giving details but we had a great time.
We were told by the whole crew that it was the best show taped ,afterwards we ran into Steve Pullin at Dinner(or breakfast it was early(late) and i believe we will be the season finally.These were 2 FAST cars.Sorry but no GN

I must also say the whole crew including Rich were great people.I got to spend some time with a few guys in the crew and it was a great showing,Huge crowd of people also

I know some people on this board have ALOT of money but I don't think too many people would put up their GN or TTA for Pinks....I know I wouldn't!