New Pinks Season???

It would be hard,But it would have to be against a car of atleast equal value

its pretty simple, cut a deal before the show to actually race for something else, i saw sugestions, in another post about this, for a trans or maybe a motor, whoever wins give the car back a week later and gets what ever the "real" prize is.

KLHAMMETT said:
We taped last night at MIR not giving details but we had a great time.
We were told by the whole crew that it was the best show taped ,afterwards we ran into Steve Pullin at Dinner(or breakfast it was early(late) and i believe we will be the season finally.These were 2 FAST cars.Sorry but no GN

I must also say the whole crew including Rich were great people.I got to spend some time with a few guys in the crew and it was a great showing,Huge crowd of people also
i heard it was a good one too... the one car was built around here. im not saying any details either though

280Z v/s Monte

The monte was sandbagging very bad. The boys from hybrid Z threw that car together with a lot of donated parts and $'s from thier board. It put 369rwhp @ 18psi. Here's a link to a vid of it on the dyno. http://www.zippyvideos.com/7780153425713416/pinksz/

It was trapping 124 in testing but they doubled the inj size at the last min and didn't re-dyno it. They were gonna run 35# but were having tuning probs.
But I loved the monte guys saying "but ya'll have a turbo!"
They bought the Z back and are doing a small block chevy.
Maybe this time they will finish it first then call the show!

Alaskabuick said:
It would be cool to see them make two teams take two stock cars of any make and give them a true 5k or so budget and see who builds the baddest car.

Dennis

They already have/had a show like that.. Looks like it got cancelled though... It was on the History Channel.

And btw they did two 85 GN's on that show.. :cool:

my beef with the show..

The music going to commercial drives me crazy :eek: but most of all the length of the commercial breaks are outrageous. I only record it and skip over the commercials now. Much easier to stomach the BS.

litdog83z said:
They already have/had a show like that.. Looks like it got cancelled though... It was on the History Channel.

And btw they did two 85 GN's on that show.. :cool:

What was it called. I heard about it and the GN's built. I want to see if I can find it on the web. Maybe Limewire. :)

slow305 said:
What was it called. I heard about it and the GN's built. I want to see if I can find it on the web. Maybe Limewire. :)

It was called Full Throttle. I watched it a few times before the History Channel purists threw a fit over having a "gearhead" show on their beloved history station and it got cancelled... It wasn't really aimed towards a die hard gearhead anyway, and I heard some info that was wrong in there or overexaggerated...

According to the Speed channel website, it is scheduled for Aug 30. The show was taped @ Gateway Intl. Raceway in STL. I've been racing with these guys for a long time. It's the real deal. I love my Buick but there's nothing like grabbin' second gear with the wheels up.

Pinks Schedule:
http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/schedule.php

its gotta better than the last few, theyve been terrible. also i missed the 2 before the most recent one in texas with the 3rd gen and the chevelle. man that guy in the 3rd gen was whiney, also it seened like he didnt want to give anything up, even when he was 2 races up!!!! didnt really enjoy that one. looking foward to the one on the 30th though.

loki993 said:
its gotta better than the last few, theyve been terrible. also i missed the 2 before the most recent one in texas with the 3rd gen and the chevelle. man that guy in the 3rd gen was whiney, also it seened like he didnt want to give anything up, even when he was 2 races up!!!! didnt really enjoy that one. looking foward to the one on the 30th though.

He may have been whiney, but part of the game is negotiation and he smoked the guy with that and then kicked his ass on the track. It was at least between two cars of somewhat equal power, better than spotting 20 cars!!! :cool:

Pinks

Pinks is going to be a rerun this week...that sucks. Has anyone seen a commercial for the Nascar Craftsman truck series? It's going to be on tomorrow night. Looks like it might be a kinda pretty cool episode. I checked it out on http://www.speedtv.com/programs