New parts for the 86 T!

TheGovernment

So I just bought a TE-44 from the gbodyparts sale, 60lbs injectors with matching TT chip. Still waiting to put in my fuel pump and hotwire kit, gauges and fuel pressure reg and scanmaster.

This is just a street car and will maybe take a pass or 2 at the track but I'm not too worried about that as of yet.
Should I bother to get a different stall converter to go with the 44? or get the alky or DP first?
I'm just trying to figure out my next move as it will probably be one of the other and the loser will probably have to wait until next year.

In my opinion, the stock D5 converter works fine with the TE-44. Some may recommend a bit higher, but it isn't a pressing need at all. Did you get a new adjustable wastegate with your TE? The stock one doesn't fit the TE housing correctly but you can get one with the wastegate welded to a bolt on compressor ring from vendors. Save the money on the converter and apply it towards the alky. Just my opinion.

Realize you'll want yet another TT chip tuned for alky when you get that kit.

With the cooler weather up here you will not need a higher stall, you'll just smoke the tires more. I ran a 1.61 60ft with my TE-44 on a stock converter.

No I still have to buy the adjustable wastgate. I already have a TT chip that I bought when I first got the car, so I will have 2 and be able to send 1 in and have things re-burned while the other is still in the car and just swap them out as I do upgrades.

Skip the converter, Buy the DP before alky!! From the parts you described, You are building a great low 11 sec street, pump gas combo. FUN, FUN, FUN !!!!!!:biggrin:

Dave

Hi,
The Alky kit is the way to go,but if you are a little bit tapped, start mixing in the E85; it will make a world of difference. See that site for more info...

We don't have E85 here in winnipeg that I know of. I think I should be able to get both the DP and alky but the converter I will leave alone until the day comes that I get my tranny rebuilt.