New parts and now car is dieing

christians87

Today I upgraded my stock injectors to new mototron 60lbs units and a new Turbo Tweak alky chip. I also swapped out my tired magnivox system for a new type II ignition system. Got everything back together and finally got the car to start after figuring out the new wiring order on the coils. Took it out for a test drive to make sure everything was good. Everything isn't good lol, when you ease into the throttle the engine will cough and die. Then, when you go to start the engine back it will not start. Let it sit a few minutes and it will start right back up and idle fine. Its like its flooding itself. I figured the new chip that was tuned for the bigger injectors would prevent this thought. The o2 readings on the scan master were high. Although they toggled up and down as normal it seemed to show higher readings than normal. I suspected maybe to high of fuel pressure but its right at 40-42 psi at idle. What do you guys think?

Put the old magnavox system back on and you will most likely be good to go.:D

One thing i've learned being around these cars is only do one change at a time and start the engine after doing each one before moving on to the next.

John :smile:

What's MAF readings?--good connections for sensor?--hoses tight to/from IC?
BTW, how did the new carb purchase work-out?

i checked all intake pipes and all were tight. connecton was good at tha maf. have u guys had bad luck with the type 2 ignition or something. i heard itwas better than the magnovox. but idk. turbomontie i got te carb on and she runs better than ever. lol until the fuel pump went out on me.

i checked all intake pipes and all were tight. connecton was good at tha maf. have u guys had bad luck with the type 2 ignition or something. i heard itwas better than the magnovox. but idk. turbomontie i got te carb on and she runs better than ever. lol until the fuel pump went out on me.

I tried switching over to the type 2 a few years ago but it wouldn't run right on my car.

I had all new parts to, ignition module,Accel coils and even added extra grounds.

The engine would start right up and idle fine but when i got it out on the road it would spit and sputter and have a complete loss of power. Put the magnavox system back on and everything was back to normal.

I got lucky and was able to take all the parts back and get my money back,thanks to the salesmen at Jeg's and autozone.

John :smile:

I would put the old module system back on and while doing that look for any wires that may have been pinched or cut. At least you may be able to rule that out and it only takes minutes.

i doubt the delco 2 ign is the culprit. i have had it on my car for yrs without any trouble. now the spark plug wiring is a tad diffrent due to the coil towers being side by side.

if you need any info let me know

turbomonte is he a member of the GM-turbo6 group board? if not have him join.

Problem solved. The coil packs had bad grounds at the bolts that attach them to the icm. Added washers to the bolts and wa la... good grounds on the coils. Thanks for the help guys.