New paint job

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
My best friend(need boost) just got his custom paint shop open and painted his dually. Check it out. This is his first shot at realistic flames:cool:

Attachments

• dreamscape 001.jpg
    dreamscape 001.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 526
  • dreamscape 004.jpg
    dreamscape 004.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 529
  • dreamscape 008.jpg
    dreamscape 008.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 508
I went pretty wild on my truck for rolling advertisement lol. The pics don't do it justice. I will try and get some really good ones today in the sun for you guys and post them up somewhere. If you in south georgia give me a holler if you need paint! I got to pay for all this booth, shop, tools, etc! Daniel Ray:biggrin: :biggrin:

Looks great Danny Ray! I saw a television show of a painter that specializes in that and painted a '55 Chevy for a Canadian owner and yours looks very similar. I think he rakes in the big bucks for his jobs. When we all get together again, I will be wanting to shoot pics of your truck!! :cool:

It was dark when I took the pics and had to lighten them up to see the flames good. Daylight will do a LOT better!

new pics up

ok. They won't let you put pics on here thats big enough to really see good so look at these links. I think she turned out pretty good for an old hick lol. It should get me some attention I hope. After this big truck I want to do motorcycle tanks lol . Daniel Ray
P1010020.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
P1010016.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Image of pass front - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
P1010034.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

:D

congrats

Very hard to pull off. Looks good, ill try to catch ya and see it in person when I am working closer to home.

looks good man, I am self teaching also, the hardest part IMO, is highlighting the flame w/o creating another...and the over/under licks from different ones. The color isnt too difficult if you read around a little, and are willing to spend $$ on some transparent candies.
Very well done!

yeah, just hang in there buddy! The more you do it the easier it gets. When I did the truck I didn't even think about it at all. Just started airbrushing and kept on till I got finished. I am sure I will get better and better everyone I do. Just like anything else , practice makes perfect. Everything on the truck but the clear was House of Kolor paint and its a little pricy. The good thing is a quart of the candys go a LONG way on flame jobs. I probley could do 3-4 cars with just one quart of each candy. Start off with something smaller than a crew cab dually though!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't think I was ever going to get finished that day! I went in the paint booth at 9am and except for having to go to the bathroom I didn't come out till 8pm that night!:eek: 11 hours steady painting except for flash times between coats and such. Give me a motorcycle to flame next time, PLEASE!!!!!! lol. Daniel Ray:biggrin:

Well, I must say I am certainly impressed. I have never seen flames look so realistic. You could give some of those popular california places a run for thier money. You most certainly have the talent for it.

Is that the same truck I have seen before?
I thought it was white?

So if you can do that good on multicolored finish.....how good can you do with just solid black? Like GN black? Can you fix my leaking TTops? I have discovered the typical rusting in 1 spot and just some surface spots here and there.

Send me an email when you get a moment.