New Old Car

hard when all I have is phone.

I havent had firm internet in months. i was worried I sent the naughty pics to him and the manifold pics to the wife!

A.j.

Didn't get no pictures yet, You send them by email?

There is no cat on the car, though it looks like a chunk of fence post was welded in it's place, crude I might add.

I think I'll run 2 1/2" from front to back, with no muffler. (The pipe is free)

On a different note, The rear frame has been welded back onto the car, that common rust spot for the frame. Someone welded a chunk of angle between the frame and attached a trailer ball to it. It really doesn't look that strong....
260200_10150280373650856_515040855_9484076_161249_n.jpg

And how do I go about getting one?

If I could get one, I'd make some out of steel, and the same for the front fillers.

And how do I go about getting one?

If I could get one, I'd make some out of steel, and the same for the front fillers.

Steel is not a wise idea. You want some flexability in them. Currently the only ones availble are a poly type. They hold up fairly well and have some flexability. Brian at Gbody has them as well as several other places.

Next time I am at my favorite salvage yard I will raid all 78-80 2dr regals of rear fillers. :D Should be a few good sets

That is awesome, I'll take anything I can get to reassemble this thing.

I got it out on the road this weekend! :biggrin:

I was told when I bought the car that it had a blown head gasket, I experienced nothing that lead me to believe this is true, unless anyone can tell me it's a common occurrence....

It runs a bit funny. My girlfriend is good with quadra-jets (I'm good with holleys and fords), She intends on rebuilding the thing. It drove damn good and has nice power. Premium gas made it even better.

I could hear any turbo spool while driving it because of all the noise coming from the manifold cracks. I nailed the throttle and was trying to do a burnout in the grass and somehow stalled the motor, leaving me with that wonderful whistling sound.

My girlfriend complained that the passenger floor board was getting really hot, turns out the floor pan has a piece of steel over the top of a rust hole. couldn't see it due to a floor mat.....

It has rivets to stop the car on the front.....

All in all, it is what I expected an $800 car to be. "A Piece of Work" :eek:

On a good note, I did race and beat a civic, the fart cannon style ones. The driver really didn't look to happy with me at the next light. :biggrin:

Good and Bad news....

Got the manifolds from a fellow on here- very grateful... installing them during the week, I'm going to redo the exhaust on the car also.

Went to get a new rotor, got one for a 79, that wouldn't fit the bearings. I learned that 78 had a special size, that matched the parts I have....
Finally got the title.... it's a 78.......

I found a leak in the sunroof and fixed that.

I read through the Before Black, I'm stuck trying to get the car road worthy, hahahahaha.

One easy question for you guys: Is the turbo suppose to have studs on the exhaust out side with nuts and springs?

Its not bad your car is a 78, but if you do take the motor out for any reason its worth it to swap over to the 79+ heads and intake. Someone here has a picture that compares the low port heads to the high port ones.

The exhaust side on the turbo should have bolts with springs on them. Really you dont need the springs but they do only put so much pressure on the flange so you dont mess up the donut every time the motor moves over.

You can get later model spindles which will give you the other bearings if you want. S-10 2WD are the same as well and bolt right on. You can also upgrade the brakes to S-10 2WD 4 door Blazer with towing package from 98 up and ge an 11" rotor with dual piston calipers for better braking. It's a direct bolt on either way.

Going with the 79 up heads, intake, and headers will give the engine more air flow as well so you might want to look at it later as an upgrade.

Good news!

I took my car to a local annual car show (I've Been there every year for the last five) and got told I had the worst looking car in the show!

I did end up putting a caliper on the front.

I created a custom exhaust from the down pipe to the axle, 2 3/4" with a welded thrush, It sounds better that before.

Now with the new manifolds on, they came with a new butterfly valve on the driverside, where do I hook the vaccum line up, the rubber was all rotted away.