New NEW Header Thread - Prototypes DONE!!

how much?????? those look outstanding

We dont have a firm price yet. The shop has promised me they will be done this week. They ran out of tubing on the driver side, had to order more and then got sidelined finishing up a tube car they were building.

Ive asked for pricing with them making them and we're going to shop them around as well. I really hope to be well into production by the end of Feb.

We dont have a firm price yet. The shop has promised me they will be done this week. They ran out of tubing on the driver side, had to order more and then got sidelined finishing up a tube car they were building.

Ive asked for pricing with them making them and we're going to shop them around as well. I really hope to be well into production by the end of Feb.

if these are going to be a leak free,crack free, perfect fit header please try to keep these well below atr's for if these are going to be the bomb i am sure these will be the new thdp. everyone will have to have them. meaning you would make more selling more.:biggrin:

nice work- i will be interested in a 4 bolt 4" set of headers and downpipe when ready. Can you also make a set ( 4 bolt-4" dp) for stage2 headed stage2 motor?

The only "issue" is you have to relocate the power steering reservoir to make room for the crossover to come through.

The crossover itself runs down kind of low so I dont expect any heat issues from that. Im going to have some heat blankets made to put on the section of the crossover that passes by the drivers side.

The oil cooler and rad hose also have to be tweaked slightly but that's no big deal.

Jay
I see that the Inlet for Crossover is smacked dead center instead of it going in 45 degree. This means you are slowing down the Flow from the Passenger side Header! Correct me if I am wrong..:confused:
I would certainly be interested in a set of these...:D

Joe

Jay

The headers look good but I'll re-think that crossover location. Many cars are ran in BG and/or specific ran classes. Most of these classes require that the crossover pipe be in the stock area. (Remember Art Paltz/Brain Weaver car fiasco).

Alot of race type cars are using a Champion bracket which relocates the alternator lower unless you use a Champion bracket without P/S.

Would the headers fit off-center or on-center motors?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Jay

The headers look good but I'll re-think that crossover location. Many cars are ran in BG and/or specific ran classes. Most of these classes require that the crossover pipe be in the stock area. (Remember Art Paltz/Brain Weaver car fiasco).

Alot of race type cars are using a Champion bracket which relocates the alternator lower unless you use a Champion bracket without P/S.

Would the headers fit off-center or on-center motors?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I dont expect the crossover to be an issue. The car we test fit it on has AC so there isnt a whole lot of room there to work with anyway.. Hopefully the bracket doesnt interfere.. if it does, we'll just make some changes before production.

Far as the front vs rear crossover, these headers are mainly geared towards 109 3 bolt turbo cars. Without using a log design, it's just too difficult to get a crossover through there without jumping through a bunch of hoops. The front crossover seemed like a better solution. Shane checked before we started this project and there should be no TSM issues with the headers.. the turbo is in the stock location. We're planning on running these on our TSM car.. thats what motivated the whole project really.

I'm still planning on doing a 4 bolt version as well and that crossover will probably more than likely come around the front as well. These headers probably wont be TSO legal as Im planning on relocating the turbo and doing some other stuff that the rules will frown upon.

Like I said, with the primary sizing we're using, a rear crossover is just not feasible.. fitment is much easier coming around the front.

These headers probably wont be TSO legal as Im planning on relocating the turbo and doing some other stuff that the rules will frown upon.

They would be legal for the 4 TSO point series races just not at BG

They would be legal for the 4 TSO point series races just not at BG

That was my thinking as well. I did the research and asked the proper questions before Jay decided on this set up, I asked Chris about TSO and Lonnie about TSM. The 1 5/8th should be legal.... We sure aren't going to let one race design our headers:wink:

Jay
I see that the Inlet for Crossover is smacked dead center instead of it going in 45 degree. This means you are slowing down the Flow from the Passenger side Header! Correct me if I am wrong..:confused:
I would certainly be interested in a set of these...:D

Joe

Can someone answer my question in regards to the Crossover connection?
Looks like it's dead on center..

Thanks
Joe

Can someone answer my question in regards to the Crossover connection?
Looks like it's dead on center..

Thanks
Joe

It's actually at more of an angle than 45 degrees. I looked at it yesterday when I was at the fab shop.

Im not terribly concerned about it disrupting the flow on he passenger side. The ATRs joined up in a similar manner, just slightly farther downstream.

It's actually at more of an angle than 45 degrees. I looked at it yesterday when I was at the fab shop.

Im not terribly concerned about it disrupting the flow on he passenger side. The ATRs joined up in a similar manner, just slightly farther downstream.

OK Jay..

Thanks
Joe

Headers are done for the most part. Couple of small heat shields and brackets have to be made but I expect all that to be tied up Monday. Ill get some more photos and post them up first of the week. I took some with my picturephone but they didnt turn out so well.

And the headers are DONE.. here are some photos of the completed project. They fit with all accessories in place and Precision's front mount. I dont see any reason they wont fit with others.. the crossover is low enough that all tubing should clear no problem.

headers1.jpg

headers2.jpg

headers3.jpg

headers4.jpg

headers5.jpg

headers6.jpg

headers7.jpg

Wow that look great
Get them on a car and post a few more.
Better yet get some pictures on a stand and then in a car