New Moderator

gofstbuick

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Friends,
I have not given this forum the personal attention it deserves. I did notice that a member posted that this appeared to be absent a forum leader. No skin off my back :biggrin: . But it did concern me. So I selected a member who lives in the SoCAl area and is active. Please welcome Wells to our moderation team and I'm sure with your help, he will do a wonderful job.

Let me be the first to say welcome Gary

Thanks, everybody for the welcome. I will do my best. Kevin, I hope that does not mean that I am no longer invited to your barbie? I specifically asked you earlier about the amount of room for cars at Bob's place because I thought it would be nice to invite or pass the word to the SoCalGranSports club, who have always made sure that we were invited, or knew about the Westminister Buick show. If this is ok, would you like to invite them, and if so, I will e-mail you the addy of the Pres. or is it ok if I invite them, or pass along the word to them. I am sure that it wouldn't be but a few that showed up, if any, and I think that it would be the proper thing to do. some of their members are turbo Buick owners too.

ledzeppac said:
why does this section even need a moderator? :rolleyes:

The Moderator for a regional area basically monitors post content (and to some extent, enforces board rules), but more importantly he/she can promote local events and news that are of local interest. One of the most high profile regional areas is the HI guys and their mod does a wonderful job of getting recognition for the HI regional area. Gary was chosen, because he is active on this board. This is an opportunity for you local guys to help him promote events and bring recognitiion to your section. It's really all a matter of how much effort you put in this section. Look at my location (Sacramento), and most of the events happen south of Bakersfield. Am I really doing justice to this forum? I feel someone local is better able to represent your interest. I hope you'll embrace this decision and help Gary. This in turn will help promote this forum. You guys are very active in this forum, so now you'll get a moderator who can help us and you.

Oh now what about the sheep?

Well, you guys get a moderator who is local to your area and can help your area promote local events. So input should be welcome and you can contact a local member. Just think how much attention you guys were getting from Norcal guy (who's also an admin)? Not as much as I would have liked and besides someone already commented about this forum being devoid of a moderator. So my advice to to some nay sayers is to let the new moderator have an opportunity to work with this forum. Please remeber that there is no financial compensation for any of us (unless your a vendor-and that is through sales) and that we just volunteer our time to give back to the community.

GNBUICK87 said:
Here we go now gary :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:
----------------------------------
Xavier: I hope that you don't think that Lou takes any of that in seriousness.
Cause if he did, you know that I could never afford to let him near my car. Not my fault if Lou likes to dress up sheep and dance with them around his shop. they dance to the tune of the "Sheepherder's rapsody" too.

phillyturbosix said:
Welcome aboard Gary! :cool: Now we just have to get you into a TTA and you'll be set! :wink:
------------------------------------
Thanks, Jim. I sort of gave up on a TTA, but I know that i would spring for another turbo Buick like mine. The only TTA that I would ever have is yours, and I don't think that you are ready to sell. Thanks again.

nordy racer said:
Wells.. Congrats on your new duties..
----------------------
Thank you, Mike, right, and I take that as a real compliment coming form you. Gonna be towing that new boat down to Donut Derelict's soon? I am still waiting to see your GN.

Hey Gary, congrats on your new post.
I saw a nice looking GN in Dana Point this morning, pulled up to check it out, I didn't recognize the driver, I knew it wasn't you cause it was black, and I knew it wasn't Morgan. The only two faces I was sure of. Nice car though.
Two cars in front of it was one of those really expensive red Italian cars. I didn't know that guy either.

Dean

beygon said:
Hey Gary, congrats on your new post.
I saw a nice looking GN in Dana Point this morning, pulled up to check it out, I didn't recognize the driver, I knew it wasn't you cause it was black, and I knew it wasn't Morgan. The only two faces I was sure of. Nice car though.
Two cars in front of it was one of those really expensive red Italian cars. I didn't know that guy either.
Dean
-----------------------------------------
Thanks, Dean. Appreciate the suppport. Haven't seen you at Donut Derelict's for a couple of weeks or so. Did not get a chance to talk to you there the last time that I saw you. How's your car doing?

I am sure that Gary will have the typical California bias, everyone knows that Arizona rules the west in the TB Buick world. ;)

krom said:
I am sure that Gary will have the typical California bias, everyone knows that Arizona rules the west in the TB Buick world. ;)
---------------------------------------
Hi Krom:
Biased about Cali I am not. I would just about rather live anywhere that likes Firearms, cars, especially turbo Buicks & tta's, and bikes, has 93 octane, still does not send you off to prison for an occasional stoplight to stoplight spirited romp, well, you get the idea. Unfortunately, I am too broke to move & live anywhere else. Hope that the Arizona clan and their family members are in good health and spirits. Good to hear from you.

A few of us will be in Vegas racing on Sunday.
Wish that I could be there, but I can't. Maybe next time. thanks for the mention. Good luck on the track.

Great Choice !

I support Mr. Wells for moderator. Now he & I have had our menopausal moments to be sure but always friends in the end. Gary is a real die hard Buick freak & will give it his best I'm sure. Regards Lou
-------------------------------------
Thanks, lou, I appreciate your support.
Now about that case of mutton steak that I promised you for voting for me?