New member who joined in 04! My WE-4 restore pics inside.

jerod

I joined this forum back in 04 and this is my first post! Woo hoo! I used to be an active member of the other TurboBuick forum and since I'm getting my car back on the road I figured I'd start posting in the forums.
I've owned my WE-4 since 98, buying it from the original owner with 48k on the odometer. I bought it with a spun rod and little to no money. So having non-turbo experts work on the car and having the motor pulled four times I was finally able to get the motor running right. it only took spinning three more rods and breaking a crank but hey....lesson learned! Oh, I also spun the car out of control showing off in a parking lot breaking two wheels and bending an axle. What else can you expect from a teenager with a car like this? I've lived on both coasts and now back in the Midwest and have taken the car with me to all four states. So my car has been around, but hasn't been driven in 7yrs. Mainly it has sat covered or stored...just waiting. Waiting for attention. I've been known to ignore the Buick (mainly afraid of it's bad luck) and put my time and attention into the other rides that you can see in my sig.
Now the time has come to get the Buick back on the road. It is sitting at just under 72k on the odometer and has many new parts (now old) that has never been used lol. Currently it is in my hometown bodyshop getting its well-deserved facelift. The guy doing that also owns a super-low-mile GN so he know's the car well. The body is being painted the right way, no taping off in-tact or shooting one coat! I also have a new exhaust complete with 3" downpipe, test pipe, and dump ready to go on. My next purchase will be wheels to match the GNX louvers and flares going on. I just need some input on what will look best. The wheels will make or break this car. I have to maintain the TurboBuick look, while making the car modern. Not the easiest task!
A little about me: I'm an Artist and Photographer, so naturally I have a day job which is Finance. I'm an ex Moto-X'r who still enjoys riding on two wheels when I can. Currently I reside in the fun city of St. Louis although I miss SoCal very much! I'd like to meet other MidWest Buick owners and get back into this scene. I used to know a lot of us, now I don't. Hopefully I can contribute here by posting pics of my Buick's progress and give helpful hints regarding anything artistic or graphic. I try encorporating my artistic stuffs into my car stuffs making them one-off. Any feedback will greatly be appreciated! Please.....let me know if I'm doing something to make my car ugly! Sometimes what I see in my head is not what's created and I'm too stuborn to admit that!

t-villeshow4.jpg

regalfairlane.jpg
vettekiller.jpg
PCDV0004.jpg
buick1.jpg
JKW_2356.jpg
JKW_2350.jpg
JKW_2347.jpg
JKW_2352.jpg
JKW_2351.jpg
JKW_2353.jpg
JKW_2354.jpg
JKW_2355.jpg

Looks like it's being done right. Personally, I'd pull the seats and carpet out while at the bodyshop. It's near impossible to keep them free of dust and debris while exposed.
Good Luck on the project and welcome back.

Thanks! Actually I am re-doing the carpet (going black) and getting the seats done as well. I don't know if I want to do leather or just go with cloth GN covers. Still debating. First on the list is a good wheel and tire upgrade.

Great WE4. mine was modified before I got it, body wise anyway, drivetrain was stock. Good luck with your project.