New member no 1st gear down shift

86george

union member
New member saying hello to all. Great site. Long time GN owner. Heres my problem. Last summer I broke the ring&pinion,posi-unit and trans 1st gear. 200 4r trans. Repairs were made and now the trans doesn't down shift to 1st gear everytime. Low manual works fine. If I go from D to N and back to D it'll go to 1st gear. It'll go through many shift cycles ok and then many cycles with no 1st down shift. I suspect a sticking govenor or valve. Any other ideas?

New member saying hello to all. Great site. Long time GN owner. Heres my problem. Last summer I broke the ring&pinion,posi-unit and trans 1st gear. 200 4r trans. Repairs were made and now the trans doesn't down shift to 1st gear everytime. Low manual works fine. If I go from D to N and back to D it'll go to 1st gear. It'll go through many shift cycles ok and then many cycles with no 1st down shift. I suspect a sticking govenor or valve. Any other ideas?

Try readjsting the TV cable,It is pretty sensitive with this.
You need to shorten it 1 click at a time,Go a few and see if it fixes it,But make sure it does not effect the shifting.

I'll try adjusting the tv cable again. It might keep me from getting oily. Thanks

I had a similar problem recently, I ended up making several adjustment on the TV cable but to no avail. I disconnected the TV cable at the throttle body and worked worked it back and forth, reconnected it & set the TV and no more problem. Good luck.