New member looking to buy a GN

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually a pt 51 turbo. It's says garret on the side, so I'm confused.

20151215_082258_zpsejv62ds2.jpg

20151215_082313_zpssfmu77kq.jpg

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Dark Side!

Before you spend anymore money go here: http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

I cannot stress it enough. Do the "boring" basics first to ensure you have a solid platform to work from.
If you go the route of many of the newcomers and just crank the boost, it will be all fun and games until you hurt the engine.

Take your time and read. Everything you need is available here via the search feature.
If you can't find the answer you need, simply ask.

Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if this is actually a pt 51 turbo. It's says garret on the side, so I'm confused.

20151215_082258_zpsejv62ds2.jpg

That is a "TA" style compressor cover so it can't be a PT. If you pull the MAF pipe off and take a pic of the wheel someone may be able to I.D. it but if you want to know for sure you should measure the wheels.

I took off the maf pipe and measure 2.25 inches or 57mm on the inlet. Could it be a TA-49?

20151215_194415_zpswp2l2fg9.jpg

Thanks.

The scanmaster is being delivered tomorrow so I can adjust TPS and IACV to specs, idles rough now. I'll wait until I get the new chip to tune everything else.

I ordered 6 AC Delco CR43TS plugs, AC Delco transmission filter and gasket kit, AC Delco locking gas cap and a couple oil filters. Also ordered the rear seat brace from kirban, battery hold down, plastic flywheel cover(was missing), kyb excel-g shocks and other stuff I can't remember.

While waiting for parts to be delivered I removed the aftermarket radio and wiring, cleaned the throttle body, and installed the correct battery side terminal bolts. Plan to bleed the brakes tomorrow, under the dash, remove some crip connections then solder and heatshrink.

There is a narrow band autometer gauge in the a pillar pod gauge pod and the signal wire is already in the engine bay. Is it worth hooking up or should I install a wideband? Not planning on doing any performance modifications for another year.