New Member Introduction

Ann Snyder

Smokin' RN
Hello all!

I just wanted to say a short "hello"...my husband and I just bought our first 1987 Grand National (my first muscle car) about two weeks ago and all I can say is "WOW"! My husband volunteers his time and energy to helping run the Mustang Dyno at H&H Performance (an awesome group of people) when he is done with his day job as a Senior Engineer at Embarq. We live in Fayetteville, NC and bought the car from a friend of my husband's who kept her pampered. Last weekend, I smoked the tires for the first time in my life and I'm hooked! We are ], going to the Burlington meet in October to learn as much as we can so we hope to meet some of you there. Shout out to Phoenix_400 our Grand National consigliere! My husband generally does the tuning for the Ricers' but I believe he is hooked back on the Muscle cars.
She has 54,000 original miles, original turbo, a scanmaster (still learning about it), set of port and polished heads with Buick Racing Valve covers, a Bulldog ECU chip (that we are planning getting rid of, eventually. Two set of rims with new tires - 1 - 16" Einkies wrapped in 245's and a set of tourque-thrust II's with 255's. Has a Walbro 340 lpm fuel pump, full race exhaust with headers, the seats and the interior are nothing less than spectacular, upgraded stereo using standard hardware for speakers and upgraded stereo player with 4 original players (radios, radios with Cassettes, etc)

Welcome! I'll be the first to warn you, the Turbo Buicks are like an bad drug addiction, just a little more expensive:)

Congratulations on the new car and welcome to the board. The Clark/Kirban/GMTurbo6 event will definitely be a great place to meet folks.

I can’t speak for the event organizers, but based on our last event I’m sure your husbands help with Mr. Clark’s Mustang Dyno would be welcome.

Welcome, I'm local to you guys... if you see GN around Fayettenam with T-tops, AR-23 w/BFG Drag radials it's probably me. Hope to see ya... :D

Hey Ann, good ta see ya on here. We can be newbies together:biggrin:

You oughta post pics of the car up. Let folks awe at how clean it is. Then I'll post pics of my car.....and all its pieces. Don't park close to me, my car will get jealous.

You oughta post pics of the car up. Let folks awe at how clean it is. Then I'll post pics of my car.....and all its pieces. Don't park close to me, my car will get jealous.

I think I'm the guy that came and looked at your T-Type a few months back behind H&H.... :confused:

I think I'm the guy that came and looked at your T-Type a few months back behind H&H.... :confused:

Yea, that would be me. I go by "Redneck" there, car's light blue with a fender and the frontend off, heads in the backseat. I decided instead of taking the tranny out and selling the car, I would rebuild it. I JUST got the title issues I was having with it straightened out(finally) and my old C10 had more cancer than I thought once I got it torn down. Sooo...I switched projects.:biggrin:

Yea, that would be me. I go by "Redneck" there, car's light blue with a fender and the frontend off, heads in the backseat. I decided instead of taking the tranny out and selling the car, I would rebuild it. I JUST got the title issues I was having with it straightened out(finally) and my old C10 had more cancer than I thought once I got it torn down. Sooo...I switched projects.:biggrin:

Some elbow grease and $$$$ will get her going... are you planning on putting an innercooled drivetrain in or am I imagining you telling me that :confused: I need to get over to the shop w/ my GN sometime... looking forward to seeing some folks with real interest in these cars around the area.

Some elbow grease and $$$$ will get her going... are you planning on putting an innercooled drivetrain in or am I imagining you telling me that :confused: I need to get over to the shop w/ my GN sometime... looking forward to seeing some folks with real interest in these cars around the area.

I've got Jack up at Cotton's Performance putting together a complete intercooled conversion kit for me. Hoping to see that come in sometime soon. I'm going to use the original block and heads and will be sending that out to get rebuilt once I've got the cash up. Found the original wheels buried in the back of the shop. Next month she gets new Bilstein shocks, Moog 5658 and 5413 springs(seems to be a good match from what I've read), and tires. Haven't decided which ones yet. Thinking BFG Radials or Eagle GT II's. Just need to get her rolling so I can actually work on her.

Come on down to the shop anytime. I'm usually there after 2:30 during the week once I get out of class and on Sat. whenever I drag my lazy butt outta bed. I think Ann is going to be down there this Sat. with her car around 10am, if you want to stop by and check out her ride. It'd be great to have another TR guy there.

I've got an engine in the works also... I picked this motor up a few years back and pretty much all out. SG1 Block (109) Eagle crank, .30 over TRW's w/ L/W pins, recond 2dot rods, RJC Girdle, ARP fasteners, 210/215 XR2 Roller cam, race ported stock heads and intake... blah blah, you get the idea. It's taken me almost 3 years to get this motor together, I'm going to pick it up in November. Anyway, good luck getting your project going, Jack Cotten will take good care of you. I'll stop in sometime...

Ben

Yep, we'll be there!

I've got Jack up at Cotton's Performance putting together a complete intercooled conversion kit for me. Hoping to see that come in sometime soon. I'm going to use the original block and heads and will be sending that out to get rebuilt once I've got the cash up. Found the original wheels buried in the back of the shop. Next month she gets new Bilstein shocks, Moog 5658 and 5413 springs(seems to be a good match from what I've read), and tires. Haven't decided which ones yet. Thinking BFG Radials or Eagle GT II's. Just need to get her rolling so I can actually work on her.

Come on down to the shop anytime. I'm usually there after 2:30 during the week once I get out of class and on Sat. whenever I drag my lazy butt outta bed. I think Ann is going to be down there this Sat. with her car around 10am, if you want to stop by and check out her ride. It'd be great to have another TR guy there.

Dale and I are planning to be there on Saturday with the "beast". :) Take care, guys and have a good rest of the week. Hope to see y'all there!

- Ann

gm_turbo6

Ann, we have a informal group that is going to be at Richard's event. We are a group of people here in n.c. that try to get togther and talk about buicks once a month across the state. We have a group on Yahoo called GM_TURBO6. If you are interisted in joining check us out.Welcome to buick country.:biggrin:

Welcome abroad Ann and Dale. Dale I met you at H&H with my Syclone last Friday. Great meeting you and looking forward to seeing both of you at all the future events we hold in the state.

Alonzo

Hi Alonzo!

Dale told me about meeting you and I'm looking forward to meeting you myself. :) Hope to see you soon!

- Ann