New member in Phoenix

What...You mean they don't hook better once they're bald like slicks? Damn, I thought I was on to something. ;)Although I did have a 1.48 60 ft. a week ago Sunday on my last pass and went 11.02. Actually, I picked up a new pair this week and will have them mounted once I get my car back from you Nick. I received your vm this morning and will call you shortly.

RJ

Welcome to the So Western section. Post pics of your TB when you get a chance. Very impressive for a stock long block and a TA-60. Spraying some alky should help get the air temps down.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Excellent point Mike. I actually have an Alkycontrol kit on my car but have never sprayed at the track since I run race gas. I'll bolt on my new drag radials and spray some alky and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks,

RJ

RJ!!!!
Long time no talk too.
Glad to see you got something at the track.
Gonna try to get up there soon to just hang out.

Tim Kereny. (And this is the correct spelling ;))

welcome

to the Zoo !

I look forward to meeting up with you this wed,
we should arrive shortly after noon in Kingman,
I'm sure with better tires you will get that 10 sec slip.
your not gonna believe the diff slicks make.

see ya wed.

RJ!!!!
Long time no talk too.
Glad to see you got something at the track.
Gonna try to get up there soon to just hang out.

Tim Kereny. (And this is the correct spelling ;))

Hi Tim,

Good to hear from you. We missed you at the West Coast Nationals in November. Let me know when you are going to be in Phoenix so we can meet up. I will be racing in Tucson next month for the AZ Grudge Racing event, and again in May for ADRA.

Do you still talk to Robbi and Barry?

RJ

to the Zoo !

I look forward to meeting up with you this wed,
we should arrive shortly after noon in Kingman,
I'm sure with better tires you will get that 10 sec slip.
your not gonna believe the diff slicks make.

see ya wed.

Looking forward to meeting you as well. If you want to send me a pm or e-mail with your address I will plug it into my GPS.

RJ

Hi RJ,
I had the Skylark all ready to come up and at least test n tune for the West Coast Nationals. I had it all set up and got a call first thing Saturday morning when my friend couldn't get to his trailer. Someone parked in front of it and he couldn't hook up. I was kinda discouraged and blew off coming up. :mad:

I invite Robi and Bear & Lee to my birthday party every year (thats the same day Kevin passed, and i like to surround myself with close friends and family ) and for the past 2 years something has always come up. I don't talk to them like is should. I think I better start making a better effort to keep in touch. I'll let them know you'll be in town, maybe we can get together?

Hopefully you will be able to make this year's WCN. AZ Grudge Racing will be in Tucson on Feb. 26th, and ADRA will be there on May 14th. Maybe you can make it to the track, or we could hook up for dinner. Let me know if you get in touch with Robi and Bear. I haven't talked to them in 5 or 6 years. I would like to show them how Chunk's car turned out.

RJ,
I just got the chills. I guess I forgot that this was Chunk's old car. :redface: You did an excellent job on the car. I can't wait to see it!
I will definitely be at the track when you come down.
I will also call Robi and Bear this week. And let them know you'll be in town.

RJ,
I just got the chills. I guess I forgot that this was Chunk's old car. :redface: You did an excellent job on the car. I can't wait to see it!
I will definitely be at the track when you come down.
I will also call Robi and Bear this week. And let them know you'll be in town.

Thanks Tim,

Looking forward to seeing you guys.

RJ

Wow

Met RJ yesterday, what a nice guy, true buick nut!
had good conversation about buicks and people who own them, LOL
GREAT addition to the southwest community!
he will fit in here just right, ;)

Thanks again RJ
was a pleasure to meet you.

Thanks again RJ

The pleasure was all mine Tim. Thanks for taking the time to meet with me. I'm glad to have finally met you and wish we had more time to talk. I'm looking forward to seeing you again at this year's WCN.

RJ

Thanks again RJ

OK...what did you tell him about me and why is he calling you my name when he addresses you....?
:tongue:
Tim
:biggrin:

No worries.

Lee is good people...folks can borrow my name for him as needed...but not when he's doing illegal things....or handling color coded containers.:D

No worries.

Lee is good people...folks can borrow my name for him as needed...but not when he's doing illegal things....or handling color coded containers.:D

By color coded containers do you mean fuel jugs??? I asked him the question yesterday about the fuel jug story. He started by saying Donnie was very understanding, but we got side tracked with how knowledgable Donnie is and never finished the story. Maybe that was Lee's plan...;)

Tim

I told RJ it was all your fault I got confused, you were supposed to be helping!
LOL