New member in Phoenix

RJ REYNOLDS

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, but have been reading it for years for tips and tech info. I'm on my third Turbo Buick, but have owned at least one since 1990. I currently own two 1987 T-Types. One is a WE4 with 99K miles, and the other is a blue Limited with 74K miles. The Limited is mildly upgraded and undergoing restoration. Upgrades to the WE4 are listed in my signature. I am friends with Nick Micale and know most of the Buick guys in AZ. I have met others at the Buick Nationals at Speedworld over the last three years. I see there are a lot of guys from SoCal that post often. I hope to make it to one of your cruises or drag racing events one day to meet you guys.

RJ Reynolds

Welcome to TB.Com and welcome to the great SouthWestern Section. Big turbo Buick clan out there in Arizona for sure. If you happen to get out our way in the not so great Republik of Kalifornication let us know. We do have occasional cruises and would love to have you along.

Woah, RJ you may be the most informed 'new guy' we've ever seen;) Looks like that 21 years of TR ownership has taught you plenty:cool:

Welcome! Looks like you are also chasing that 10 sec time slip. Totally awesome for a stock long block. :cool:

Thanks Guys,

I've been to the track four times in the last 8-weeks and have run either an 11.01 or an 11.02. I am very happy with the car's consistency, but the 10 second barrier has proven tougher to crack than I thought it would be. I'm hoping for some better weather with a DA below 2000' to get me there. I thought the conditions were right a few weeks ago on a Saturday night with air temps in the low sixties and DA at 1800', but the track wasn't hooking and my 60 ft. times got worse with each pass. I'll keep you posted, and If I do break into the tens I'll be hitting Krom up for one of those 10-Second Club hats.

Thanks Guys,

I've been to the track four times in the last 8-weeks and have run either an 11.01 or an 11.02. I am very happy with the car's consistency, but the 10 second barrier has proven tougher to crack than I thought it would be. I'm hoping for some better weather with a DA below 2000' to get me there. I thought the conditions were right a few weeks ago on a Saturday night with air temps in the low sixties and DA at 1800', but the track wasn't hooking and my 60 ft. times got worse with each pass. I'll keep you posted, and If I do break into the tens I'll be hitting Krom up for one of those 10-Second Club hats.

Great numbers!! You might be hitting a wall with your TA60. ;)

Thanks Underboost,

I was just telling a co-worker the same thing. I've tried to run 28 psi a couple of times but it just slowed the car down, so I'm sure I have reached the turbo's limits. I know guys have been into the tens with a stock long block, but I don't know what turbo they were running. I might uncork the dump to see if it I can get into the tens, but I was hoping to do it through the full exhaust.

No...Stock un-rebuilt long block with 99K miles. I have a lot of passes on the car so it's pretty dialed in.

No...Stock un-rebuilt long block with 99K miles. I have a lot of passes on the car so it's pretty dialed in.

Damn, you got that right! Very dialed in for that kind of time and consistency. Impressive! Makes me want to head out to the track every time I hear of guys having good luck and running good numbers like yours!

Rj,

Welcome to the So Western section. Post pics of your TB when you get a chance. Very impressive for a stock long block and a TA-60. Spraying some alky should help get the air temps down.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Thanks Guys,

I've been to the track four times in the last 8-weeks ......... but the track wasn't hooking and my 60 ft. times got worse with each pass. ......

...and they are NOT going to get better until you replace your bald drag radials! :biggrin: