New hybrid project I picked up today... (85 El Camino)

ELky update, elky is completely stripped and ready for body work, and the drive line on the t type is pulled out.

Some questions I have are:

1. what motor mounts do i uses? stock g bodies?
2. do i reuses the power boost or upgrade?
3. to i build a 3.8l or stroke it. ( kenny wanted car to go 10's) i say built 3.l for rpms
4. harness rebuild, what is your guys harness like after many miles i havent ripped this one apart yet but i was thinking of taking out all of the bull**** wires and simplifing the harness.

1.) The best are from hr parts HRpartsNstuff "Your WWW performance parts supplier"

2.) Are you talking about the brake system? Use the vacuum brakes in the Elky

3.) A stock stroke will get the job done. My 234" engine has been 9.6's so far. If you want rpm (above 6K) you will need a nicely matched combo.

4.) I got a custom made one from Caspers CRE Loaded 6 - CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc. It was over $600 but well worth the money. They cut out all the bs and everything is brand new.

Yeah, it's black. It has a few little rust spots I need to get taken care of, but otherwise the paint is very nice. I also want to remove the chrome at the bottom of the door, but how it's mounted will require filling so that will get done when I get the rust taken care of.

Two better pics of it,
5bp8vl.jpg

307p2mf.jpg

I removed the chrome around the wheel wells and the bed cover already. The cowl hood will be removed in time... I need to see if someone makes a stock appearing glass hood for it so I don't add more weight back to it.

I think I'm going to focus on suspension/brakes this winter more than going fast, I've got mostly everything picked out, I just need to find what 18"s I want to buy... thinking Simmons Fs but I need to find a dealer.

You get yours all sorted?

If you do decide to romove the rocker trim below the doors, would you be interested in selling it?