New hybrid project I picked up today... (85 El Camino)

Finally got motivated, probably because a turbo and head gaskets should be showing up tomorrow...
IMG_5922.jpg

IMG_5936.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

I need to figure out if a PTE FMIC is going to fit... seems like I'm going to have to do some cutting on the back side of the grill to make it work.

does that have a console/floor shift or is it on the column?

I like the carb wrench laying on the passenger wheel well in the fourth pic:D

does that have a console/floor shift or is it on the column?

I like the carb wrench laying on the passenger wheel well in the fourth pic:D

Factory it was a column shift, when I had it in high school I put a ratchet shifter in it.

I'm planning on using the column out of the Regal along with the console and floor shift.

We didn't feel like pulling the plugs so we just smacked them with a hammer, it's more fun that way. :D

Haven't touched it since picking the intercooler up. Stocking up on parts.

Things I still need,
Cam, lifters, cam button (probably going with a 206 since I have two TT chips burnt for a stock camshaft, hopefully the fuel trim will be close enough).
60# injectors
fuel tank, hanger/sending unit
front end rebuild kit
motor mounts (pretty sure the ones on the Regal are busted)

Other than that I just need to motivate myself to go out to the garage... it's heated so the cold isn't an issue.

They're coming off for sure, the only reason they aren't already off is how they're mounted. I'm going to wait to remove them until I take it to a body shop. Should be before spring, I'll keep it in mind.

Started gutting the Regal, figured it's getting close to spring time so I need to start getting busy.

j09s9x.jpg

ajp6pi.jpg

fymogm.jpg

20hobbb.jpg

Thing is all kinds of dirty. Pulling the downpipe off I found the puck to be sticking already, which is freaking awesome considering it doesn't even have 1,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

Ohwell, at least I found it before installing the GT6152.

are you sending out the intake/valve covers to the powder coaters? Looks good:)