New hotair intakes underway!

For $575 you send us your intake,86-87 plenum, and 86-87 Tb, we will send you a modified intake, plenum, modify your TB, and send it back to you. Your intake will return to you with a pipe made to go from turbo to intake. We will also make up a custom block to make your iac controller remote mount.

The list we have posted iss truly complete. The only piece I see that we neglected to list is the 86-87 throttle/tv bracket. But finding those shouldn't be too much trouble.

You will need gaskets obviously, but the 86-87 units will work for the plenum/tb/intake.

We have a guy working on an instruction sheet, which we will probably post here to make things easier.

I assure you there are no hidden costs here, that is what has taken us so long, we wanted this to be as bolt-on as possible.

Serious inquiries can email me at Mhardman6@insightbb.com I will be glad to give you my phone number to discuss full details.

I forgot to mention, due to the number of different turbo's available, we cannot supply a silicone hose from turbo to the tube that goes to the intake, so you'll need to get one of those yourself. The pipe is 2.5" od mandrel, so 86-87 turbos need to neck up, stock hotair turbo's neck down, pte turbos ....and so on.

I don't have any 86/87 parts!NOW WHAT?Does that mean I have to find these parts before I can place an order?I will E-mail you direct for your number!

This will be done on an exchange basis, first come first served, so I would try to locate those parts soon if you're interested. If you want to buy the parts through us you can, but you will find better deals if you look yourself.

Modified Intake

I got your email, I called but you were out of town. I also have a complete 87 intercooler set up if you have pipes to fit. I could always sell the Spearco set up and use the 87 intercooler. Send me your address by email so I can ship the intake. Thanks Roger

Anybody interested email or call Mike on his cell phone @

859-743-4967

Or if you prefer one of us can call you just shoot us a number and good time to call.

Let us know before you ship anything so we can give you a heads up on how long it will take.

Address to ship

9 Laurel Drive
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Include name, etc.

We still have the final tooling to develop so the first few may take a bit longer. Just a FYI.

When your parts are done, ready to ship Mike or myself will notify you and collect money at that time.

Great job!

Hey that looks like a real nice setup. So did the Turbomotion setup way back when.

Awhile back myself and several others got into the TURBOMOTION group purchase. Time passed...and passed...after our money was sent - then we hear that Jay and Turbomotion got broken into. Well what a headache trying to track down a guy when he closes his doors after a break in.

I'm the guy who had to track him down at his parents' address - all the while im up here in Canada. I managed after several calls to Jay and much hassle - plus a call to the Manatee County Sherriff's Office - to arrange a refund of everyone's cash to the tune of some 1,000 bucks each!

I'm not looking for an award here - just sayin' its about time somebody took the bull by the horns for us Hotair guys and researched a solid intake product.

I am real interested and have the cash to back it.

BUT

Like a few others above - i'm concerned about the instructions of an install (vac lines, TV/Throttle cable, IAC block / placement etc). It would be great if you guys had pre-cut vac lines and the TV / Throttle cables to go with it. That would make it easier for guys to throw it together.

Im also not sure how the turbo out hooks up to the 2.5 pipe you supply. I realize its silicone pipe but is it one size on the turbo end and 2.5" on the other ??? Where do I find that ?? I figure diesel shop - but do they have something like that ? Seems like a difficult item to locate. Then you have the MAF pipe to turbo connection to deal with also.

Dont get me wrong - make no mistake - I want one. I just want to have everything ready to rock and no 'parts hunting' when it arrives. Even if you gave names of suppliers we could go to for the extra parts needed. Seems like you have come all this way - it would be a shame not to go a lil further.

Some of the above could make the difference between a sale or not.

First of all, let me thank you (hotsix) for helping me get that money back from Jay, I was in on the GP back then too.

i'm concerned about the instructions of an install (vac lines, TV/Throttle cable, IAC block / placement etc).

#1 tv/throttle cable...Install the stock 86-87 throttle cable (just like stock) The stock tv cable works and will reach causing no problems. (you use the srock 86-87 bracket in the 86-87 location)

#2 IAC.....This is just an aluminum block that is tapped and willl accept the stock iac housing. Mount it anywhere you like, just as long as the wire will reach....see note at end of post.

#3 vacuum lines.....There are essentially only three. 1 that goes from the 86-87 vacuum block (on top of the TB) to the AFPR, 1 that goes to the Iac relocator, and 1 that is in a Y between the turbo compressor/wastegate solenoid and the wastegate diaphragm. ( pretty much just used the ones that were already on the car, and tossed whatever was extra.

Im also not sure how the turbo out hooks up to the 2.5 pipe

Well, thats a tough one! Every turbo is different, we made it work with the stock turbo by using a silicone "neck down" adapter available at a place like turbohoses.com. The 86-87 turbo which is much smaller than the 2.5 tube worked too, we welded a sleeve on it to make it large enough. What I recommend is that you measure your turbo outlet, and look for an adapter from that to 2.5. We really can't have a solution on hand for every possible turbo, that's going to be up to the individual. Our thought was that most guys who do this mod will probably upgrade the turbo, or already have, if thats the case, anyone who sells turbo hoses can hook you up. If you get a measurement of what you need(turbo OD) and contact Eric at Turbotime He will get what you need. Just tell him to call Jeff at JS manufacturing if he is asking you questions you can't answer.

Then you have the MAF pipe to turbo connection to deal with also.

Nothing to deal with here, it is identical to the stock mount. MAF, air intake hose, oh yeah, air filter too. Also, if you have some cold air kit, that should work too.

I just want to have everything ready to rock and no 'parts hunting' when it arrives. Even if you gave names of suppliers we could go to for the extra parts needed

There is a list a few posts earlier with prices and part numbers, if the supplier is not specifically listed you can get the parts at autozone, or advanced or a place like that. We also use Turbotime to put complete kits together for other projects we have gotten into. This is his living, so he will tack on extra $$ to the parts to cover his time, so it will cost more this way, but if you want it all in 1 box, he'll take care of it for you. We have regular jobs and don't have the time, but he can. The reason we listed the parts out the way we did was so people could find bargains for themselves. If you look at the prices, you can beat every price we listed for parts, I LOOKED.

We have an order being processed right now for the first kit purchased, if you are concerned with ease of install, I will let that buyers testimonial answer your questions. It is out of the box and go, little or no mods.

*********NOTE************
We have a fellow Turbo Buick owner who has been kind enough to let us make some measurements on his car, and has offered to write out some instructions .(Hows that Mark?) This guy happens to have a turbomotion equipped car, and has used our iac relocation idea on his car. He made a bracket and put it on the inner fender..works well, and looks stock.

We will post pictures, and make everybit of info we have available to help you guys get results.

Sorry the last post was so long but I wanted to be as clear as possible.

BTW you can order your hoses, and if you really want a complete kit at

TURBOTIME

#3 Note: The best solution here is to buy the billet aluminum tb block with power brake plug. Will give you enough vacuum ports for things Mike forgot about like cruise, heater. The what was brake plug will become the feed from remote IAC.

If you still concerned sit back and wait for first couple guys to get the parts. During that same time I will get more pictures posted, part #'s, etc. I work with Eric at Turbotime daily, and will make sure he is up to speed on all the parts needed also.

He may even make up an accessories kit, to include gaskets, throttle cable, etc. I will ask.

As far as running and hiding with anybodies money. Ask around in syty community. Been there since 1998, making parts for them for ~3years now. Most of the people there know who I am, etc.

I also won't take your money until I have a box with your name on it ready to ship out.

I would also say Mike and I are probably a bit anxious to show everybody how this came out, and may be opening it up a bit early without all the backup documentation done. That stems from our excitement.

Working on the intercooler last night, I told Mike. "If this keeps up, 86/87 guys are going to sell their cars and buy hot airs!"

I do think you will be impressed with how everything fits, lines up, and how clean it will be.

I believe there is still some confusion as to how the black plastic elbow MAF pipe attaches to the turbo.When you eliminate the throttle body off the stock turbo you are left with 2 studs sticking out of compressor housing.Don't know how you guy's overcame this problem.Only way I can think to do it is "make" an adapter that uses the 2 studs to bolt it to turbo then make the other end the same O.D. as the throttle body.If this is close to how you guy's did it,it sounds like it will be expensive to have a machine shop fabricate.What's your solution?I know these are really minor problems,none of which will keep me from buying an intake.Only thing holding me up is the "Doghouse and 86/87 throttle body"ANYBODY have one they can sell me for CHEAP!?????Thanks!:D

I need to verify as I upgraded to 86 turbo, but I believe the stock 86 inlet will bolt to 84/85 turbo.

from there MAF hose hooks right up.

Initially I just gutted my stock TB. Although it was not nearly as clean.

If we need I will make up that piece also.

I think you can use a stock or aftermarket inlet bell,
and hook the MAF to that. Jay supplied an inlet bell
with the TM set up, but I think it is just like a stock
86/87.
I put the TM set up on my 84, and I am no mechanic!
I made my way through with NO instructions and
a little mechanical knowledge of how thinks work.
The plan is to make up installation instructions,
with photos, step by step, with Jeff, Mike and myself
to serve as resources to help you wade through
the hard spots. Jefff and Mike have looked at the
difficulties with the TM set up and have engineered
around them, at least the problems that I had
with it.
You will need a longer MAF pipe, which are
available from Mark Hueffman, special order,
though, I think.
HTH.

BTW, thanks, Mike. : - ))

Doghouse and 86/87 throttle body"ANYBODY have one they can sell me for CHEAP!?????Thanks!

I found 2 in the classifieds here on the board for $50...thats for both pieces together..is that cheap enough?

I believe there is still some confusion as to how the black plastic elbow MAF pipe attaches to the turbo

If you wanna go cheap.....remove the throttle plate from your stock tb, and just use it as a housing....thats a good cheap temporary solution. I know for a fact that it fits too. Like Jeff said, if we need to make something up we will. But Jay told me before he went under that he ordered his from Precision.

You will need a longer MAF pipe

We haven't needed any extension pipe as yet, butI really can't think of what would be diferent enough to make your TM kit need one and not ours. So, when we mock up the complete intercooled deal on Marks car we will take extensive pictures and notes.

The intercooler kit is looking to be a vast improvement as well, and if the brackets we are working on come out ok, it will be a snap to install

I agree that a longer MAF pipe is not required,
but it is helpful. I just used a longer piece of hose
for the MAF to inlet bell.

IC Kit

Let me start out by saying that I was not suggesting in my previous post that anybody would take off with our cash. I apologize if that seemed to be what I was saying.

If i'm gonna buy one - its gonna be the IC kit. I have located my parts source - question - can I ship the parts direct to you ?
I live in Canada - and my parts would come from the USA. Seems dumb to ship them here then back again.

I have a Caspers Ultrachip as well - how will this affect the setup ?

I'm dying here waiting for an update on the IC kit !!!!

Yes, you can ship parts direct.

I will be traveling this month a lot, which will slow progress down some. This isn't my full time job if you would believe that.

The 2nd half of this month 20th on, I will be gone. Be in Chicago the 8th-10th to the IMTS show.

I will know more about chip stuff tomorrow, as I am heading up to an experts house for a quick look over, and the beginning stages of having a chip to get everybody started.

Jeff