New Hot Street / Race Piston

Good God how does Bison remember all this stuff... Amazing. At any rate, Mike/Bison, would you suggest any coatings from Swaintech on these? What are your thoughts?

Diamond does coating in house, they will also hard anodize as an option, we offer these services and recommend them in many cases.

Well, I kicked off my 109 build and my engine builder suggested that I go with these Pistons. If I'm not mistaken he said that he had already used a set in another build. If I'm not mistaken Diamond Pistons are manufactured here in my home state of MI.

Mike, I'm looking to push 600hp to the wheels do these come with different wrist pins depending on the power level?
The pins that come with them will work well past that power level likely over 1000

Hard anodize is for high boost use usually over 30PSI in this application. Thermal coating can be used at any level and skirt coating is always a good idea IMO

Hard anodize is for high boost use usually over 30PSI in this application. Thermal coating can be used at any level and skirt coating is always a good idea IMO
Very nice, yeah I was thinkin for my build over winter , go with the coated skirts for my build , boost will be on c16 in the 25/30 lb range .

I would do coated skirts and Gold thermal on the top We use that on the snowmobile with great results. My new Buick build (oops did I just spill the beans) will have that the new LS motor is getting hard anodize

I would do coated skirts and Gold thermal on the top We use that on the snowmobile with great results. My new Buick build (oops did I just spill the beans) will have that the new LS motor is getting hard anodize
Sounds good mike :)

Hi Mike, I like that new design better than the stroker J/E's I have now w/the sharp valve relief. I found some scratches on the cylinder walls, so I'm in need of .020" overs. Can you pm me a price w/10:1 w/coated skirts and dish? The rod length is 6.030's. Pins are .927". The t/a heads are suppose to be 55cc's. (I never checked them either.)
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited: