New headers install becoming a PITA

I appreciate all your replies again, as I said before you're right, I'm not going to argue that. As Rmv said It can suck ordering parts up here, I mean I've done it a lot (and will continue to do so) so the first thing I always look for is U.S.P.S shipping. FedEx and UPS, on a 600-650- dollar order will automatically tack on a hundred bucks or there abouts, they are crooks it is generally "duty paperwork" or some such crap. Their shipping is no cheaper too as far as I remember.

I initially emailed this Archie guy to ask about shipping and "SE" fitment and another question and got a response that I thought I'd take my business elsewhere, it was something to the effect of "no, guy on Ebay is another seller. I ship FedEx only". That's it, that's why I went with the other seller with (U.S.P.S). I guess he got me anyway.

Ok so throw the shipping costs out the door. Regardless of who's shipping it you paid $50 more for the same product. So you paid gnpowermasters $50 just to place your order with gn1. I'm curious about where they actually came from. If they came from California they we're dropped shipped from gn1 and gnpowermasters never physically had them so its on gn1. If they cam from Pennsylvania then gnpowermasters physically had them and it was probably a returned set they got a discount price on from gn1 and sold them to you at full price and then some. With his business practices I wouldn't put it past him to re-sell a defective product as if it were fine. Last time his excuse to the higher product cost was eBay fees. Since he's no longer an eBay vendor and you bought these directly through his site I wonder what the excuse would be now.

. I'm curious about where they actually came from. If they came from California they we're dropped shipped from gn1 and gnpowermasters never physically had them so its on gn1. If they cam from Pennsylvania then gnpowermasters physically had them and it was probably a returned set they got a discount price on from gn1 and sold them to you at full price and then some.

They came from PA. I can't comment on GNspecialties (is that even gnpowermasters?), I look at it as they sent what I ordered (a sh*tty set of headers and it may be wrong as I avoid conflict but I'll pay for it. I haven't contacted them or plan on it, the only thing I'm going to do now is complain about the GN1 headers so as many people hear about it lol pretty weak but whatever hello passive aggressive. If these are a returned set or are previously know to be pieces of crap, I hold the manufacturer/main dealer responsible. To even let these out in the marketplace I think it speaks volumes about that persons business directive. I could see these as $200 dollar headers like I ordered for my Mustang- which actually fit with no mods mind you. Then again maybe not.

The thing too is you can get a person for a few bucks but what about future sales. Most of these guys sell a lot of what I'm looking for such as a vacuum brake kit, $400ish, scanmaster, $250, fuel gauge, possibly repro rims, $1200. These are initial items, what about upkeep items, maybe I'll need a intercooler or turbo, maybe I'd like to try a different down pipe and test pipe or who knows what.

I also try to avoid conflict and treat people fair but I find some people will try to take advantage of that. I don't think you were wrong for trying to make the headers work. Now on the flip side I would at least call and tell someone about the problem, I'm sure that you are not the first person to attempt to make them fit. From what I can see all that you did was trim the top of the flange like the factory one was to clear the VC.