new guy with a car that wont start

Since I live in the same town as this guy I thought I could assist him and gave him my phone # inJanuary he contacted me and said hed call me the next day. wtf See ya! john

I had a similar issue a while back. Suddently one afternoon the car wouldn't start. If I gave it gas it would start but I could barely keep it running. Turned out the autozone IAC I had installed in a hurry 6 months prior had failed. I changed the IAC on a whim because I'd planned to replace it anyway and sure enough that was it. When I removed the old one I think the pintle was stuck all the way out.

Finally a solution to the problem, MAYBE if the chuckle head that started the thread had reported back we could say that fixed his problem also.

wow i just read all this too cause i just got this problem yesterday and was trying to find a solution .my car starts idles for3-4 seconds then dies it ran fine the week before. so after i check my maf by unplugging it that will tell me if its that .then the iac i know my fuel pressure is good it primes and goes to about 40lbs and holds there for awhile after i turn it off..also the onlything that happened was that my battery died cause i had one of my guages had i lighing problem and i was turning the lighs on while fixing it maybe my gen 2 lost its settings is that possible.

maybe my gen 2 lost its settings is that possible.

No ,but your ECM will have to go through a relearn.

Take the car for a 15/30 minute drive and see if that helps.

just for the hell of it i went and reset all my data on the gen 2 and bam!it stayed running and idles nice posted a log at idle after warmup.

Attachments

• LogFile3.dat
    180.6 KB · Views: 65
he'll be back once he has the Holley efi figured out he got at a huge discount:spitoutdummy: ...he did say that

Guys you'll never believe this, I just traded for the exact car. He never figured it out and neither have I yet.
Like he stated earlier it will turn over and try to start, it will start for a second but it sounds horrible almost like it is bogged down or something, it will not rev up just spit and sputter and dies almost immediately and the fuel smell is strong.

Guys you'll never believe this, I just traded for the exact car. He never figured it out and neither have I yet.
Like he stated earlier it will turn over and try to start, it will start for a second but it sounds horrible almost like it is bogged down or something, it will not rev up just spit and sputter and dies almost immediately and the fuel smell is strong.

Has anything been ruled out? I suggested the iac since I had a similar problem. Cheap enough part to gamble on.

I will try to pick one up tomorrow and try it, I do know it does not sound good at all even when it does try to run.

I read the stuff he said he had tried, I do know the crank sensor is not new, it looks like it could be the original one, very dirty.

I haven't checked them yet, just picked the car up yesterday evening. The other guy said he had put new ones in but from the gas smell I'm sure their soaked