new guy with a car that wont start

Not sure where you are located but I have a known working ecm that you could test with.
i live in bowling green, ky and would you be interested in selling the ecu?...i did try and research but google led me no where but just chad hendersons car which i know is not the 3.8 turbo, there were some threads on how people did it but didnt like it compared to the fast xfi, but since i can get the holley dominator system for $600-700 w/o the touch screen i was going to go that way instead of the of the $3,000 fast system since i am familiar with there products with the LS world i always thought of them to be over priced. but i take any criticism well like one guy said im a newb i have no clue about these motors and i was going on assumption that since they were crank triggered ignition it wouldn't be no problem thanks for all your input and saving me some money!

heres some pics of the car
8E0655DB-F728-4881-9491-1B59D642D773_zpsxqxq9pgl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3CCA0F81-9323-4FF5-A14A-EB0EB3A5C916_zpsgznzf9mc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wow!! Hard to believe the first and second pic are the same car. Nice body!!! Under the hood looks like a rats nest! Speaking of rats nest check your wires. Especially the ones from the ecu in the fenderwall behind the passenger tire.

How did you check your tps without a scanmaster. There is a way to do so. How's the oil pressure? Got a gauge? Maybe the other guys can help on this one, but if there's no or low pressure the car won't run?

If it starts you're getting fire, so you can change the ignition parts if you want just for good measure. Now it's the cam sensor, tps, firing order (which looks close), maf, or fuel. Maybe even not enough fuel.

Did you unhook the maf and did it run the same, worse, not at all? Do not rev with maf unhooked.

I'll give you one thing!!!! It's a damn GN. You just crapped on the doubtful!!!! Me being one. LOL.

It's going to be a headache. Takes a lot of reading and once you get it running you're gonna want to go faster. And the vendors have all the goodies.

IAT not there....AIRC, the ecm will revert to a -40* signal, and calculate fuel using that value.
If so, -40 fuel volume is where the stink, poor idle, etc, could be coming from..

I'm in Phoenix and yes, I would be willing to sell it to you.

Since you're in the position you are in, I'll let it go for $65 plus the ride, it doesn't have a calpac chip.

But first, try and see if you can borrow one locally to test with. There's no sense in throwing money and parts at it until you determine what's wrong. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of GN/TR guys in your area, maybe one of them will step up here.

Just got a 86 GNX through trade, ive always been a big GNX fan but have mainly been involved in the lsx series of motors and cars....
well the car will only spudder if you hold the gas down completely and it will sputter and die again, through my lsx knowledge im thinking maf or something similar please all input is accepted
try taking your foot of the gas pedal while you are cranking it over. See ya! John

Maybe try something simple like check that your plug wires are right at the coil. Hard to tell in the picture but it looks like one of the front plug wires off the coil goes to driver side where all the fronts are supposed to go passenger bank. I'm no pro, just a thought.

Wow!! Hard to believe the first and second pic are the same car. Nice body!!! Under the hood looks like a rats nest! Speaking of rats nest check your wires. Especially the ones from the ecu in the fenderwall behind the passenger tire.

How did you check your tps without a scanmaster. There is a way to do so. How's the oil pressure? Got a gauge? Maybe the other guys can help on this one, but if there's no or low pressure the car won't run?

If it starts you're getting fire, so you can change the ignition parts if you want just for good measure. Now it's the cam sensor, tps, firing order (which looks close), maf, or fuel. Maybe even not enough fuel.

Did you unhook the maf and did it run the same, worse, not at all? Do not rev with maf unhooked.

I'll give you one thing!!!! It's a damn GN. You just crapped on the doubtful!!!! Me being one. LOL.

It's going to be a headache. Takes a lot of reading and once you get it running you're gonna want to go faster. And the vendors have all the goodies.

i was just looking at the tach as i tried and get it started, moving the gas pedal was making the digital tach go up and down when it was trying to crank over, i did try and unhook the maf and it didnt make any difference on how it tried to start....youre right about the rats nest under the hood the guy that had it thought he needed every digital gauge known to man...

ill be giving you a call a little later i got called into work, whats the best times to contact you? i dont want to disturb you or your family to late
If you are a 2nd or 3rd shift worker wait and call me tomorrow. Im retired and dont work so between 8 am and 10 pm. See ya! John

Exactly turbotroy
It's kinda aggravating when these threads end this way because there is something that might have been learned that you will never know. My other complaint is that there is a hell of a "brain trust" on this site and everyone seems to be willing to help out, and when the thread disappears without a trace... did they get it fixed? And if they did, would not a small word of thanks be out of the question? And let the rest of us know what it was? Even if what was suggested was not the problem? End of rant. Cheers!:)

I just wasted ten minutes of my life to see where this was going.

Damn I hate when I get sucked in just to see no light at the end of the tunnel !