New guy needing help

Just my 2 cents. I went to see that GN a few weeks ago. I didn’t like the way it sat. Trunk lid was different. Rear seat look like it went through a shredder, instrument cluster was not installed. Ironically car lost power that day so couldn’t even start. And of course AC was deleted and he had some ac box ready to go in. I felt something shady about that car. Not interested in anything he had to say. I watched GN’s since June of ‘19 for my price point. I was supposed to see one but broke my collar bone and wasn’t truly ready.$$$ I kept his number. I called him a few weeks ago and he still had it. We worked out a deal and now I’m the owner. Take your time. You’ll find something that will work for you.
Good luck

It could be a 200r4 but the tag is bunk.

that tag is strange for sure ... the numbers on the bottom are usually year and model ...with a calendar year and julian year ..also the letter is supose to indicate what plant it came from... i would agree that tag is bunk pronto ...

I suppose a large transmission remanufacturer could be making their own tags for them to keep track of their inventory etc. Either way you don't know what's inside. Just another tripping point.
All I will say is good luck 2blacklines. Got a feeling you'll be posting here alot. :ROFLMAO:
Taking bets now on how long it will take for that "GN" to hit the For Sale section. My guess is 2 months.

Those outside pics were taken with no motor, nothing sits like that but a roller, the v6 isn't that light.
$6500 if the motor runs. otherwise its a regular regal worth 3500 with no motor ONLY IF it has a Gn rear.
I’ve seen the car in person. The motor is in alright. Lol
Unless the missing AC box weighs 1000lbs he told me it must have had heavy duty shocks put in. He kept on referring to “someone else must have”.
View attachment 352526
At least in the meantime i still have my z28 to play around with lol
i considered one of these when I thought my dream of owning a GN was out of reach. I love that generation Camaro. There’s one up in port Perry I wanted to ask about. Just sitting on the grass. Definitely a project car. But, luckily I found my new mistress again.
Ugh so many cars, so little money.

Talk about an "oh shit" moment.. The seller finds out he's either been "had", when he bought the POS, or he's outted trying to scam someone.
He needs to be sent a link to this thread.
The link needs to go to the social media sites, too.
Maybe, collectively, we can prevent an ass whipping, of monumental proportions! :oops:
Bitch slap.jpg

that tag is strange for sure ...
It's strange when you compare it to a 2004r tag,but it is a real GM tag very similar to a 400. Because of the visible surrounding casting,you can see that it is not a 400. If it were a 400,it would be setting on top of two vertical casting bars with the mounting rivet in between the bars.
It is also definitely not a 2004r as seen by the surrounding casting.

https://www.chevellestuff.net/qd/th400.htm

It's strange when you compare it to a 2004r tag,but it is a real GM tag very similar to a 400. Because of the visible surrounding casting,you can see that it is not a 400. If it were a 400,it would be setting on top of two vertical casting bars with the mounting rivet in between the bars.
It is also definitely not a 2004r as seen by the surrounding casting.

https://www.chevellestuff.net/qd/th400.htm
yes sir .. i know its not an 4r... .i never said it was ....but it doesnt match any of the other gm turbo hydra matic transmission tags ...and the numbers on bottom just dont make sense compared to many other gm trans ...interesting to say the least ...

I’ve seen the car in person. The motor is in alright. Lol
Unless the missing AC box weighs 1000lbs he told me it must have had heavy duty shocks put in. He kept on referring to “someone else must have”.
Well it must be the first Regal "Gasser" then. lol

Here we go. Look at the 6th picture and zoom in. Of course,the id plate is missing,but we can see where it mounts.and we can see the 2 horizontal bars just above the plate and the horizontal casting bar that runs along the tail shaft ending at a point just left of the tag just like the picture that the OP provided. Wow!

View attachment 352530
What is this trans tag? Its bugging the hell out of me as i cannot find anything on google
Notice how beat up the plate is all around the rivet. When you go online and look at very similar plates,none of them are beat up in this way. I've only found two thm200 transmissions online and neither of them had a plate mounted in this area that is obviously meant as a mounting platform. One that I found was just an empty case,but the other was a complete trans with no mounted aluminum plate. It has an adhesive backed laminated ID sticker. I wonder if this guy took advantage of the mounting area never having been used and hammered a plate onto it. The next thing I ask myself is why. If each and all of us would get under our cars and look at the rivet that hold our plates on,we would find a nice rounded rivet head with no flat spot.

Inline tube sells tags but they don't look like that one. The have rivets too.

When you took the photos of the car, was it at a mechanic's shop? Are these the people who are selling it? One of his customers?

Judging by the rims leaning over behind your engine pic #5, I wouldn't even have bothered looking at the Regal. Can't take anyone who hangs around a shop like this seriously.