New Guy in Sugar Land, Tx

Chuckd

Just wanted to get on here and say hello to everyone, I just picked up an 87 T-Type LTD, 33,000 original miles, bench seat and all. It has a spun main bearing I think. Starts fine but oil pressure will start dropping toward the 0 and I shut it off. When I get some time I need to take it out and have a look. Anyone know a good TB machine shop in Houston?

I also have a list of parts of which I don't know what half of them are for or do.

ATR SS Crossflow exhaust
***QBoost in car boost controller???
3" downpipe w/ 3" cut out
***Full Throttle Speed 4" MAF pipe and MAF Translator???
GT70 P-trim turbo w/ HD actuator
TR Custom Parts SUper Extreme front mount intercooler
Razor's alcohol injection
Delphi/Lucas 79lb injectors
***Walbro 340 fuel pump and hotwire kit???
kirban Adjustable fuel pureeure regulator
***ScanMaster 2.1???
***Caspers Cam Tool???
***TurboTweek Emissions Chip???
***TurboTweek 79lb Injector Alcohol Chip???
***Innovative LC-1 Wideband w/DB gauge and LOGWorks Software??
Stock heads w/Proline Racing machine work
T&D 1.55 Roller Rockers
Manely Severe Duty Valves 1.775 and 1.500
***RJC Biggie Oil filter adapter???
TR Custom Parts Aluminum Radiator
Earl Brown modified timing cover
***Full Throttle Speed 210/215 Revolution X Roller Cam Kit???
***RJC Power plate???
***Vigilante 9 1/2 NON-L/U Converter 3400 Stall???
***Neal Racing Trans Built NON-L/U BRF Transmission???
***Art Carr Hardened forward drum, .570 and .400 Boost valves???

Like I said I have an idea about some of these parts but I have no idea what most of these are for or do. Any information or advice would help me greatly. I'll post some pics when I meet the post quota.

Thanks Guys,
Charlie

Welcome to the family! Hook up with the local club ASAP, plenty of great guys who can help you get up to speed with what's been done to the car... looks like a lot of work has gone into it.

The Houston Buick Club

MAF Translator allows you to run an LS series MAF sensor (Camaro, corvette, etc...)

Scanmaster is a great tool that'll help you monitor the car's state of tune, gives data on engine temp, knock, airflow, etc...

Turbo Tweak would be the chip maker, TurboTweak Home for more info

These are also required reading:

Turbo Regal Web Site

Vortex Buicks

Hey Charlie, i am near you. Did you buy your T locally? If so from who? Also, are these parts on your car or a "want-to-know-what-they-do" list?

Hey Sal nice to know there's someone close.

To answer your question, Both ... These are parts on the car now and some I have no idea what they do. I did get a few questions answered by the Capt. Thanks.

does the scanmaster plug into a laptop? How does it work?

Welcome Chuck...I'm also just south of you in Richmond/Rosenberg area. Congrats on the TR buy. There's a machinest I use here in Rosenberg that does pretty good work. He's worked on my GN and couple more TR motors.

Scanmaster plugs into the car's ALDL port, under the middle of the dash below the radio.

BTW, I'm in Missouri City right next door to Sugarland & would be happy to meet up some time to help you get lined out on the car. The weekly Saturday evening cruise-in at Otto's Hamburgers over at the Fountains shopping center on 59 would be easy, just gimme a holler.

Is this the car you bought?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...hite-t-type-tan-interior-moon-roof-4-1-a.html

Scanmaster plugs into the car's ALDL port, under the middle of the dash below the radio.

BTW, I'm in Missouri City right next door to Sugarland & would be happy to meet up some time to help you get lined out on the car. The weekly Saturday evening cruise-in at Otto's Hamburgers over at the Fountains shopping center on 59 would be easy, just gimme a holler.

Is this the car you bought?

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ca...hite-t-type-tan-interior-moon-roof-4-1-a.html

nice to see another member in sugar land, too bad i got to sell mine at the moment.

btw, thats not the car he bought, i still got it.

Ya'll are going to flip .... I had an 88 Mustang Gt w/T-Tops I traded for the car. Granted my car was a 10 sec car and this one needs motor work. I used to own an 87 T-Type back in the 90's and always wanted another one, so when given the chance to get one that was extremely clean like this one, I jumped on it. I don't mind getting my hands dirty.

I've been to Otto's a couple of times. I had a turbo on my Mustang last time I was up there.

Capt, I might have to have you come over in a couple of weeks when I get some time and show me what all this stuff in this car does, since I cant drive it.

........I've been to Otto's a couple of times. I had a turbo on my Mustang last time I was up there.

Capt, I might have to have you come over in a couple of weeks when I get some time and show me what all this stuff in this car does, since I cant drive it.

Stop by Otto's to say Hi.
We are there within a group who have eclectic taste in vehicles, typically each week between 5-7.

Charlie, i can help with some of the items on your list :)

I may get out to Ottos since i work right around the corner at Helfman Ford. I will try to stop by after work sat night. I will be in the SRT since the GN needs a trans (thanks to my new found love of Alky) :biggrin:

I getting bummed looking through the forum and seeing all these guys with their running TB's.

I'll come by and look for the SRT

If it makes you feel any better my dad's car and mine are down :biggrin:

Welcome to "my" club! HAHAHAA!

I am going to purchase a running "stock" TR so I can cruise, and get to dyno meets, and go grocery shopping. Cheaper and easier than fixing my junk. :eek:

Mine's not road worthy right now either... sad thing is, it really doesn't need much just don't have the time to give the car much attention.

I'm hitting a dyno day up in Spring earlier in the day this Saturday (with my daily beater SRT-4) so dunno if I'll make it to Otto's this time around. IF I get done up there in time I'll stop in & introduce myself...