New Guy in CA

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
Whats up everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Mike from CA and I just bought my first TR! Its bone stock right now and I am having a lot of fun with it! My last car was a 2005 Subaru WRX (2.0L Turbo). With $200 dumped into it, (used exhaust parts and a little tuning by myself) i got it to go 13.60@98. I met Dominic (A local buick enthusiast, and NorCal's top TR mechanic, IMHO) a few years back and have been waiting for that "killer deal you cant pass up." And now I finally got one! I am looking forward to going to the track soon with the car stock (with some tires) to see what it will run.

Heres the skiny on the car:

1987 WE-4
Astro Roof!
3.42 Posi
Excelent interior
145 MPH speedo

Plans:
Fuel Pump
Hot Wire Kit
Valve Springs
Late Model MAF w/ translator
3 Inch Downpipe
3 Inch Exhaust
Injectors
Race-gas
and hopefully a 11 second time slip from my new daily driver!!

monzaandbuick007jb6.jpg

monzaandbuick011yc3.jpg

monzaandbuick012xv3.jpg

And the new car next to my little race car in the garage....
monzaandbuick022ju3.jpg

Its a NA small block (350ci) Monza (Original 350 car), on STOCk suspension with a 9 inch radial! (11.Oh's! at 118!)

Congrats...

Mike,

Looks like you're off to a strong start with such a nice TR!

Get yourself a few kill switches and a column lock, especially for a "daily driver" as desirable as yours.

Welcome aboard!

Looks nice. Welcome to the "Darkside". Too bad you had to get rid of the WRX to do so... I have one too..:p

Where in CA are you located?

I live 75% in NorCal (Fairfield) and 25% in SoCal (La Habra Heights/Whittier). Yeah, the car is definately getting an alarm and a hidden fuel pump kill switch. The alarm I am getting is a GPS that acts kind of like Northstart, where i can shut the car off from my computer and even set a lock down mode that will keep it from starting for as long as i want. Also, I was VERY glad to get rid of the MY05. It was just waay too slow for me.

WAAY too slow? You must not have voided the warranty:eek: ;)

MY04 is plenty quick. Not GN quick but, That is a different story altogether...:biggrin:

WAAY too slow? You must not have voided the warranty:eek: ;)

MY04 is plenty quick. Not GN quick but, That is a different story altogether...:biggrin:

Well, I had the STI RA trany, a little home tuning and it went 13.60~ish. Wasnt too bad. But my previous daily driver was a TPI Camaro that would run low 12's. I used to commute 80 miles (round trip!) in that thing and have a blast sawing off rice rockets and other late models! I bought the WRX thinking it would be similar (at least in cost) to go just as fast. As I found out, those things are really expensive to make any kind of decent power! Plus cast pistons just dont do it for me :eek: ! Needless to say though.... The Buick is a MUCH more fun Daily Driver.

Needless to say though.... The Buick is a MUCH more fun Daily Driver.

I used to use my TR as a DD back in 92-93. It was a blast. (of course it was newer)

Today, I'm not so sure about the car being a DD (20 year old car and all). I'm leary of people stealing my TR or dinging it all up with their careless stupidity.:mad:

Invest in security before it's too late...

I used to use my TR as a DD back in 92-93. It was a blast. (of course it was newer)

Today, I'm not so sure about the car being a DD (20 year old car and all). I'm leary of people stealing my TR or dinging it all up with their careless stupidity.:mad:

Invest in security before it's too late...

Lojack and Viper alarm going in next week! Until then, the garage it stays!!!

No one pays attention to alarm sirens anymore and Lojack is only good AFTER they have stolen and probably trashed or destroyed the car.

Keep it in the garage and invest in other deterrants as well... (do a search and you'll find various ideas)

nice car!
for security look into grant removable steering wheel as well as a column guard, i've had it on all my TR's and never had an any problems.
i still have a regular siren alarm just for noise.

are you freakin kidding me? I thought you were going to buy mine!!!!! Sweet find dude, I got a full built BOP turbo400, same build as what was in dom's buick, and a tci 3400 stall converter for sale, seeing that I moved for school and im not goint to be putting it in any time soon... Ill shoot you a good deal!!!!

Hows school going up north? Is the hotwire kit up there or down here? I need it like Kevin needs a tan....

Washington is cool i guess... ill survive for 2 years. I already miss it down there though. All my parts are still down there. Sanjesh is watching them for me;)