New guy here...Nice Site

fireduck350

I just registered a couple days ago, and decided to say hi. I found the site, looking for information on rebuilding a 200-4R. While I don't own a GN, or a Buick for that matter, I love everything GM. I must say, that this site has been very informative, and I have learned alot about a 200-4R already. I may have also found one to buy, but I had to promise my wife that I would look for one at the Auto Fair in Charlotte that is coming up before I bought the one that Muphster has. Can't say that I will post much, because I don't own one of these fine cars, but the information here is great, and I have really enjoyed some of the reading that I have done so far. Thanks for the site, and the information, and maybe even the transmission!

Welcome...Now lose the '87 and the '90. Buy a TR and come play with the Big Dogs and have some REAL fun.

Said I liked the cars, and can respect them, wouldn't mind owning one, but I love my birds. The 87 IROC is the wife's daily driver. The 90 Formula 350 is a car that I just fell in love with, and it is one that won't be going anywhere. The 78 TA is a car that I have always wanted and now I finally have it. As for my next car, I am wanting a 67-69 Firebird. Now, my wife has a 1955 Chevy truck, stepside, big back window, that we need an engine for, and I have been thinking that a 3.8L turbo might be pretty trick under the hood of that truck. But we have a long way to go with that truck before we are ready for the engine. Plenty of time to think about it.

Yeah I can relate. I grew up in that era. You do have a COOL stable of rides. But ya gotta get a TR if ya can! They don't get lost in a crowd. Take Care.

welcome to the site. nothing wrong with f bodys , the trans ams and firebirds are pretty bad ass rides. i owned a few myself and had lots of fun with them. kinda wish i still had my 79 ta sometimes but will never give up the buick for it.:D

I'd like to, but I have already told my wife that when she gets done with her truck, then she can get her a drit track car next, and we will build it to go drit track racing.

You can have both worlds. A bird and a GN engine - 1989 Turbo Trans Am. Seems there are some for sale out there.

Welcome

Like you, I too enjoy the F-Bodies. I had three different IROC Camaro's (2-87's and 1 - '90, all three were 5.7's) and a 1988 Formula 350. All were really great rides and I had a lot of fun with them.

I've always lusted for a '73 T/A SD 455 but don't see one in my future just yet. But man, those F-Bodies always, ALWAYS catch my eye. ;)

Enjoy your cars, no matter what you drive!

Welcome to TB.com fireduck350 , not only is this site the best TR site on the web but it is also the best community site as well.
We dont discriminate against members here who own other makes and model of cars....we will try to convert you tho :D

Jesse
:cool: