New GT67 is home, pics inside!!

Doug Jacobson

Altitude Compensated
Got it yesterday, nothing makes a lousy day at work better than opening up a box with this in it when you get home.

Pic. one

Pic. two

Pic. three

The "puny" turbo next to it is the stocker

GT 67 mm Compressor in a 4" inlet compressor cover.
P-trim turbine in a .85 a/r housing.

Can't wait 'til I get a tranny and can try this bad boy out!!

Thanks PTE, Doug J

thats an awesome turbo! where did you get it and how much? do you know if they also come with a "Q" trim?

yes, they come in a Q trim. Unless your trying to make very bit of 800 hp the p trim is fine.

Here is what PTE says about the turbo. I love mine!!

The PT67 is offered in two versions. The PT67 P-trim, and the PT67 GT-Q. The P-trim version will support up to 795hp and will have very quick spool up. We recommend the P-trim version on smaller displacement motors, 2.0L – 3.0L and it can be had with 3 different turbine housings. 3-bolt Buick, 4-bolt Tangential & 4-bolt On Center. This turbo has a new Garrett GT technology 67mm compressor wheel which really helps promote quick spool up with better efficiency. The PT67 GT-Q is for guys that are looking to make every bit of 800hp at the flywheel and have motors in the 3.0L – 5.0L. This version not only has the new 67mm compressor wheel, but it also has the new GT-Q turbine wheel. This turbo is available with either the 3-bolt Buick turbine housing or a 4-bolt Tangential V-band turbine housing. The compressor cover on the 67 is the new TO4S style compressor cover. It has a 4” inlet, with a 2.5” outlet. This cover is larger than the standard TO4E compressor cover that comes on our SC50 thru the T64E turbos.

hope this helps.

Neal

well, take the sob out there and run it and prove they are such hot spit!

purty doesn't = fast:D

The P-trim is $1146.15, and $1595.00 for the GT-Q. I would recommend the P-trim for a Buick application.

Durability is a factor here, But it pulls like a 70 + and spools like a 44, Small shaft turbo but new compressor wheels and bearing design. And they have been out since last year!

.......... But it pulls like a 70 + and spools like a 44

THIS I gotta see....

Bob
(I still believe in the laws of physics, but I hope to be proven wrong...)

:cool:

And now Garrett has released the even more advanced GT-R series of turbos!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garrett has jumped 15+ years in turbo-tech, and caught up to...today!

Finally, some turbos from Garrett that aren't a 2-decade old design!

Three cheers, and full-speed ahead! :)

I tried to tell the members last year about this line of turbos, Call Patrick at Precision Turbo or Pete Barton at ANS Performance for any ?'s.

PTE SHOULD UPDATE THEIR WEBSITE WITH THE GT-SERIES INFO

Twin SVT 93,

I remember when you did!

PTE still has not updated their website, so people are STILL spending serious $$ on "yesterday's" turbos, thinking there's nothing better to be had from Garrett.

Is it because the old model turbos don't do so great (they don't) in direct comparison to the GT & GT-R model turbos?

(Providing a link to Garrett's Adobe Catalog is grievously inadequate.)

Guys buying turbos without ALL the info is a darn shame, too!

Doug,

Your turbo looks nice!

As to this latest technology has any refinements been made to the P-trim exhaust wheel? I know the compressor wheel has to differ from our normal lot. Just looking at it I count 11 blades just like the normal P-trim like I have. The spool is in the exhaust side, not the compressor. To a degree it doesn't care what is hanging off the other end IMO. I had a 63 P-trim before and thought this 70 would be a little piggish. Not the case! Spools just the same as the 63 I had. I had thoughts about the Q-trim but Craig convinced me that unless you have more cubes than 231 the Q-trim doesn't work as well. Not enough to push it properly. Jason, Red's and myself all have P-trims and feel pretty good about the spool. I wonder what changes are done on the compressor side?

Although I don't have the technical information you are looking for, I can tell you that the rotating assembly is much lighter. And maybe enough phone calls will speed the web page at Precision Turbo.net or Turbobygarrett.com

Originally posted by musclecar neal
Twin 93 svt your incorrect.

This is a big shaft turbo. Trust me I own one.
I am not trying to prove any body wrong here, But I own one and have seen 6 more and can also tell by the first photo the shaft is the same as the stocker trust me!

Your still incorrect. Have you taken one apart? The end of the shaft looks the same but its a big shaft trust me . Call Patrick at PTE he will tell you that your info is incorrect . I thought the same thing when I bought mine and called Pat as soon as I opened the box. This is a big shaft turbo!!!

Originally posted by musclecar neal
Your still incorrect. Have you taken one apart? The end of the shaft looks the same but its a big shaft trust me . Call Patrick at PTE he will tell you that your info is incorrect . I thought the same thing when I bought mine and called Pat as soon as I opened the box. This is a big shaft turbo!!!
Thanks for a further look into shaft diameter, I was judging by the diameter of the nut and threaded end of shaft! Which is another time a working web page for gt series would come in handy.