New GN Owner

I started using that and had trouble finding what i was looking for. Seems though that everybody is having search problems.

i did indeed unhook it. i was afraid that it was homemade and i didnt trust it. why do you ask? - 87GNSteve

I would go to the nearest vendor ASAP and buy a hotwire kit you trust because it is probably one of the best and earliest improvements invented for these cars; and very necessary since the long run of old, undersized wiring will not deliver the proper voltage to the pump, it was inadequate when brand new.
The pump will die an early death and may even cause problems if the car is run hard and unable to deliver due to inadequate voltage.
I have seen voltage as low as 9 volts at the fuel pump connector without a hotwire kit.

dang! just purchased a racetronix hotwire kit. researched on here and i saw more posts about it and how easy it was to install and how well it works. any thoughts on it?

Racetronix Hotwire kit is superior to the Caspers one IMO. Before you go running out and buying weatherstripping and fillers. It's a good idea to get the car situated. All the things listed on GNTType.org spark plugs, fuel filter, oil change. Boost gauge and oil pressure gauge. People already told you a Scan master. Other things that help are adjustable fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, new injector harness, spark plug wires, Marshall fuel pressure gauge that hooks up to the fuel rail, boost controller. Stay away from the gas pedal until you get a scan master and some gauges. Good luck with the car.

i've taken care of the oil change, trans filter change, fuel filter change, and plugs & wires. in the process of looking for a scanmaster. any recommendations for a good place to get one new or used? just looking at weatherstripping and fillers because the car needs a paint job and i know that the T-tops leak. I Plan on consoling this board on the right moves with the weatherstripping and how to fix or at least slow the leak. Also looking at getting an a pillar gauge pod with a boost, temp, and oil pressure gauge. any other advice? I'm open to anything because i'm new to the gn world.

"Cheaper" and "limited budget" are not words conducive to TurboRegals. If you are going to do it, save up, buy smart, do your research and do it right. You own one of the most awesome muscle cars, act like it :)
Ractronix makes real nice stuff, customer service has been an issue for some. The ONLY place to buy fillers is from SpoolFool. Eat Spaghetti O's for a couple of weeks to afford them.
If you truly love your car you will buy the best ;)

And the pic didn't post either.

dang! just purchased a racetronix hotwire kit. researched on here and i saw more posts about it and how easy it was to install and how well it works. any thoughts on it?
Well that's too bad...Casper was the original designer of these and has excellent customer service, warranty, and it is an American made product, sold by an American made company not so for the one you bought.

dang! had i known i would have bought it from them. Any other recommendations for where to get my boost, oil, and temp gauges? looking to put them on the pillar so i will notice em. best place to get a scanmaster?

dang! had i known i would have bought it from them. Any other recommendations for where to get my boost, oil, and temp gauges? looking to put them on the pillar so i will notice em. best place to get a scanmaster?
Its hard to beat Summit when it comes to the gauges, For the Scanmaster and Pillar pod go with a vender on this site..

Full Throttle speed sells the Scan master and almost anything you will need for the performance portion for the car. Other things to look at are your headers. It's worth removing them and checking for cracks and warped flange. An exhaust leak is not good for a turbo car. Replace your O2 sensor, most use a Denso sensor. A good downpipe will do wonders. Check out RJC Racing they sell performance parts. For restoration stick with Kirbans and Nos4gn.com

which scanmaster should i get? 2.1or 3.0? and ill check the headers today and see. isnt the driver side the one that usually cracks?

bde04579a3ce3447a4bf08c7a5f4f77a.jpg

The 2.1 the 3 is for the folks running FAST xfi. Any pictures under hood. We can see what add on you have.

i can upload some tomorrow. i thought that the 2.1 was the one i needed just wasnt sure. noticed tonight that when i turn on my lights the gauges go black. any thoughts to what that could be? The boost gauge works when they're not on and the rpm gauge is stuck on max when not on.

By Gauges are you referring to the boost and rpm factory gauge on the dash? Almost 90% of the cars out there do not have them working. Those are LED and not reliable to measure boost. Get a boost gauge 30/30 and oil pressure 1-100psi
Also open up your ECM on the passangerside kick panel. There is a two bolt panel on there open it up and see what kind of chip is in the car.