New GN owner

blueeyeddevil

Just wanted to stop in and say hi to every one. I am from Hanford area and wondering if any of you guys live close and what you all do around the area.

Welcome

Where's Hanford? Is your GN stock? Lots of good stuff here.

Happy spooling

Mike Barnard

Hanford is just South of Fresno, east of the Lemoore Naval Air Station and West from Visalia.

...spent some time there while in the Navy...

Welcome to Turbobuick.com and the Southwestern Section. Lots of good info on this forum. Was that Aaron's car?

welcome!!!!!!!!

read and learn, this is one of the best forums for info on the black buicks.

Welcome...sell your car before it sucks you dry!!!!

LOL

All joking aside. Welcome to the Southwest section.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi to every one. I am from Hanford area and wondering if any of you guys live close and what you all do around the area.

Believe it or not but I'm here in Fresno? Where exactly are you near Hanford?
You may be the only on in Hanford with a GN, there are a few here. Post pictures we would love to see them.

Wells....Wasn't my car? Sold it to John Larson, now he is trying to sell it again, because he just picked up another GN and his wife is, well I will say this, not happy. The blue car was nice!

Here is my 86 GN

Attachments

• custom3.jpg
    custom3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 123
Beautiful GN, Aaron, makes me feel bad that I am still plugging away with the 22K mile Turbo-T.

Pluggin away:rolleyes:?! .....You have the nicest Turbo T in the State! I purchased this car after I sold the WE4. She has 60k miles but looks more like 20k. I love the 86 models. Any luck finding another car, slim pickens here in Ca....Talk to you soon,

Its lonley out here in Central Ca for the few GN/TR owners out here. Glad to hear we have a new member of the community.

sorry for the long wait on the response, i picked the car up in visalia, so I think there are two in Hanford now. I picked the car up for $2500 and the body is perfect, needs paint(few scratches here and there nothing big but to be perfect it would need paint) It is an 87, dont know the original miles seeing as it has a VDO gauge cluster with 20,000 showing. the interior is perfect no rips in the headliner or any thing. Has the stock turbo with an ATR downpipe and exhaust. Those are the only two major things done with alot of bolt on's. The car also came with a couple thousand dollars worth of parts in boxs new I am waiting to put on. (like auto meter monster recall tach, msd box with the plug and play cables, also brand new pro stars, there was alot more but to much to list) This might sound dumb, but I hear you guys talking about tuning, what do you guys use to tune the car. I know there are chips but how do you fine tune it(sending back the chip) or do you use a hand held tuner, or some kind of software? Or do you tune mechanically by adjusting fuel pressure? What do you use to adjust timing?

Great deal on the car....Congratulations. First thing you need to purchase is a scanmaster or download some software for a laptop. Then go to Turbo Regal Web Site and perform the spring cleaning, making sure the car is in perfect running condition. Adding modifications to a car that is not running properly will do nothing for performance and just suck money out of your wallet. I use a laptop with Turbometer, my car is not modified in any way, but I use the laptop to keep a close eye on how the car is performing. Plus you will need a laptop or scanmaster to adjust the IAC (idle air control) and TPS (throttle position sensor). Another item you will want is a fuel pressure gauge, no TR/GN will perform without the correct amout of fuel, the stock pump is just adequate for the stock engine and we're talking barely. My advice is to read on this site along with the GNTTYPE website and ask many questions as you go....hold back on modifications until you know exactly what you want to accomplish with your car. Just throwing mods at it will not make it run any better and may make it run worse. Best to follow a well tested recipe once you know what to do. If you need some help adjusting the basics, please stop by we will hook up my laptop to your car and I can teach you a few basics. I'm not too much into performance I just like to keep my car in stock factory running condition...Give me a call would love to hear from you (559)271-9622

Congrats and welcome to the Dark Side!

Aaron

Believe it or not but I'm here in Fresno? Where exactly are you near Hanford? You may be the only on in Hanford with a GN, there are a few here. Post pictures we would love to see them.
Wells....Wasn't my car? Sold it to John Larson, now he is trying to sell it again, because he just picked up another GN and his wife is, well I will say this, not happy. The blue car was nice! Here is my 86 GN
Beautiful GN, Aaron, any mods on that one so far? No, I am having a tough time finding another "prim & proper" Turbo-T for me. Tough requirements, though, and I did not expect to find something like I want easy.

Gary,

Its not easy finding a decent example, not to mention something almost perfect. Finding anything here in Ca that doesn't have 22's or tapped out is nearly impossible. Continue to look hard....I'm going to talk to someone this week who has a GNX with low mileage...Not to buy of course but to check out his collection of Olds and Buicks...I will let you know how that turns out.

I will also keep an eye out for you, never know what I will find.

Talk to you soon.

Aaron

Well I already have an adjustable fuel regulator, hot wire kit and a walbro 255 to put in.I am going to probably step up to a 340 though. I have not picked out the injectors yet seeing as I have not fully decided on the combo i will run. From what I understand the fuel lines and rails should get me into the tens. It has a seventh injector set up right now also. I just need to purchase the methanol injection(fuel side) I will be runing a maf translator for sure (pull through) so probably gonna run a 90mm. The only thing I have not done is a compression check on the motor yet. I know I will be running a girdle for the bottom end eventually and will be studding the heads as well. I am also going to go thru the trans when I pull it out to put the new stall in it.(freshen every thing up) I want to run a spacer plate for the upper plenum, as well a get some ported iron heads and port the intake. Eventually I want to run a bigger throttle body as well. I know I will be getting a front mount for the car and a bigger turbo(dont know what size yet I will probably be getting your advise on this as well as the cam) The headers will probably remain stock for awhile. I have put a Ta girdle on the rear end so hopefully that helps the rear end last a little while longer. And I have not figured out what rear suspention I will be running yet. Oh I also have a line lock that will be going in, and a bunch of other little odds and ends. I have seen on Turbotweaks web site that he has chips, and was already planning to buy a scan master for it. I am familiar with cars and tuning, just wanted to see what you guys were doing to tune these things. I have had a mustang in which I used a handheld tunner to tune every thing, and with my ss silverado I use Hptuners. Is the scanner just a scanner or can you do adjustments with it? From what I am guessing you guys are getting the scanners and adjusting things thru the TPS, fuel pressure regulator and what not. I will also be buying a wide band to ease in tuning, but my only question is how are you guys tweaking things to tune? (how are you adjusting timing, fuel) or are you just running some kind of stand alone engine management?